account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

LT18i stopped turning on after removing battery

NHK
Visitor
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

LT18i stopped turning on after removing battery

I have Xperia arc s LT18i, the phone became slow so I removed batery n tried to turn on, but it's not lighting or vibrating or anything!

I cant connect to PC cz: 1. PC stopped recognizing my phone from a long time, 2. phone is fully off and pc isn't seeing any new usb connected when i connect phone

I cant enter fastboot and flash modes to see if i can do anything cz phone isn't lighting anything

my phone is permenantly off and not sensing that im ppressing power or connecting charger or usb and not sensing anything

I tried to remove battery for some time but didn't help

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: LT18i stopped turning on after removing battery

@NHK

Connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 - 3 hours > try to repair it again with PCC, if that doesn't work then you might need a new battery.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

NHK
Visitor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

and whats that?!

recently when i got the battery empty FOR THE FIRST TIME, the phone started eating battery life always! (charge 5h and empty in 30m)

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@NHK

It's hard to tell, but the Xperia Arc was released 4 years ago, chances are that the battery can't hold as much power as before.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

NHK
Visitor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

usually how much is the battery?

by the way, phone is on the charger its being hot

Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@NHK

Check this out

http://store.sony.com/xperia-arc-standard-battery-zid27-BA750/cat-27-catid-EOL-Mobile-Phones-Accesso...

or check Amazon

NHK
Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

But how does that happen? remove battery then reconnect and puff! phone isn't turning on!

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@NHK

If a new battery doesn't solve the problem, you might want to stop by your local Xperia Care

NHK
Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@uliwooly wrote:

@NHK

If a new battery doesn't solve the problem, you might want to stop by your local Xperia Care

here i asked repairers and 1 of them said that IC power is dmamaged n needs to be changed is that posible???? remove battery n put then puff! IC power isn't working Thinking Face i know its an old phone but i cant buy a new one now Smirking Face

(repairer tried connecting phone to normal charger <phone still off> then tried connecting to an external power source <phone still off>, then told me that IC power is damaged/not working)

I WANTED TO ASK SOMETHING: is there an xperia center in Lebanon (Asia - Lebanon (LB))?