account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Just realized my month old z1 is bent

One time poster
Message 141 of 160
Message 141 of 160

Re: Just realized my month old z1 is bent

The battery must be swollen causing the device to appear that way. Bad battery, get that fixed!

Learner
Message 142 of 160
Message 142 of 160

Hi mines is also bent but the opposite way from the picture from jennyung, i dont keep my phone in my back pockets either just my front left hand pocket of my jeans, there for it cant be due to sitting on it, its abit strange that its like this ive had a xperia s and a xperia z and both of them were fine, the hardware is perfect the screen is alittle bent but no scratches also and ive never dropped it, i just think its really strange for a phone at the price it costs to bend like this.
TeG
One time poster
Message 143 of 160
Message 143 of 160

No way would that come out of the box like that.

i sent my z1 to sony for repair of the usb charging port and when i got it back it was bent. They made loads of excuse like it was dameged in transit but you know and i know thats not whats happend.

i believe what had happen was the the used the heat gun to open the back of the phone it got bent.

Learner
Message 144 of 160
Message 144 of 160

I have z1 and Just downloaded a app to control the temperature and alarm me if it passes 45c. I Am very worried about this issue so can someone tell me what temperature should my z1 function so it doesnt bent or crack
One time poster
Message 145 of 160
Message 145 of 160

Hi

Got the same problem on my Xperia Z1.

Any of you having this problem recently installed a screen protector? 

I recently installed a 0.2mm tempered glass protector. And a couple of days later it was bent.

I figured if this is a heat problem, then an additional screen protector might

make the phone worse at transporting heat away while charging. 

In that case, its not bad design by sony (except the non-scratch-resisting screen the sell their phone with)

One time poster
Message 146 of 160
Message 146 of 160

Hello

I have the same problem with my 4 months old Xperia Z1 Compact phone.

I never keep it in my back pocket, and it's bent just on the left side (where the charging slot is), but the screen glass is perfectly straight - I can feel the difference with my fingers.

Also on the right side every thing is straight.

The next days I'll go to the store I bought it from ..... I sure hope they accept this in the warranty...Worried Face

Regular
Message 147 of 160
Message 147 of 160

hello guys i have the exact same problem as some of you have and Sony refuses to replace my device under warranty can enyone help me out because some of you got it replaced and sony refuses with mine here is my case and photos of mobile 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Xperia-Z1-Deformed-Flexed-Bended-problem/m-p/831065/high...

One time poster
Message 148 of 160
Message 148 of 160

my 4-days-old z3 is bent as well and I never put it in back pocket. T-T

Visitor
Message 149 of 160
Message 149 of 160

10833805_10152462903687944_1653844512_n.jpglook my one as well is bent!10816127_10152462903637944_965969666_n.jpg

Visitor
Message 150 of 160
Message 150 of 160

its sony company fault to use cheap and not high quality aluminium!

if its happened with one people ok maybe his fault but look how many people have problem already!!

And i have the same problem and i very angry on this f..... company to sell phones so high price and dont take any responsibility!

everyone better take samsung not xperia