account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Just realized my month old z1 is bent

Adviser
Message 121 of 160
One time poster
Message 122 of 160
Message 122 of 160

Re: Just realized my month old z1 is bent

Hi. I live in Denmark. This morning my Z1 was bend too. Just sent it to repair. Hoping that sony will see this as a big problem.

Enthusiast
Message 123 of 160
Message 123 of 160

@Aedranir wrote:

You can find more and more of this online:

http://www.xperiaguide.com/2013/11/17/xperia-z1-screen-and-body-bent-appears/
http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/01/13/bent-xperia-z1-handsets-reported-by-some-users/
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Xperia-Z1-frame-bending-for-no-reason-claim-users_id51383

And here..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2621668

That Xperiablog comments list is useful again too, even more cases there...one reported/suspected the lens add on but my assumption would be the same route cause - frame design.

There are posts floating in many corners of the web.

Adviser
Message 124 of 160
Message 124 of 160

I wrote two emails to Sony, no response. I think they're sick of me. I hope savings they made on fixing and replacing phones are worth company's good name.

Still waiting for my phone.

Enthusiast
Message 125 of 160
Message 125 of 160

@Aedranir wrote:

I wrote two emails to Sony, no response. I think they're sick of me. I hope savings they made on fixing and replacing phones are worth company's good name.

Still waiting for my phone.

Personally I called each time, as emails are easy to dismiss. However I suspect they were fed up of me calling and also embarassed about the speed/efficiency of their repairer.

Visitor
Message 126 of 160
Message 126 of 160

Its happened to me too....phone is 8 weeks old and in perfect condition....NEVER goes in my pocket!

and mine definitely happened overnight on charge on a cool flat side table...when I woke up I instantly noticed

the bend, never heard about this until I went online and it seems to be everywhere and the bend always seems to be 

in the same place. Contacting Sony tomorrow ......ill let you know what happens.

Adviser
Message 127 of 160
Message 127 of 160

Got my phone back today. This is a quote from papers that came with phone:

"Damage beyond repair
Drop/Crush Damage - not always inentifiable from external inspection"

Second opinion:

"I have carried out an inspection on Sony handset C6903 IMEI: XXX and found that there has been damage to the casing (frame bent)

This is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty and is therefore BER or chargeable Repair"

Good joke. Frame is bent, we'll not fix it. Not covered by warranty. That's all.

Adviser
Message 128 of 160
Message 128 of 160

For all non-believers photos:

http://imgur.com/a/LGMIr

Enthusiast
Message 129 of 160
Message 129 of 160

@Aedranir wrote:

Got my phone back today. This is a quote from papers that came with phone:

"Damage beyond repair
Drop/Crush Damage - not always inentifiable from external inspection"

Second opinion:

"I have carried out an inspection on Sony handset C6903 IMEI: XXX and found that there has been damage to the casing (frame bent)

This is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty and is therefore BER or chargeable Repair"

Good joke. Frame is bent, we'll not fix it. Not covered by warranty. That's all.

Unfortunately that is EXACTLY what I expected from the third party.

They were never going to stress test the frame to say whether it is fit for purpose, all they have done is spotted the frame is broken and stated as a result 'out of warranty' without determining the root cause. What a joke.

My retailer contacted me today (good option to pursue) contacted me today after I wrote them a letter of complaint a few weeks ago, they were keen to progress and continue dialogue with Sony. Obviously stated that now resolved but not due to Sony taking the fault in their hands (but rather the goodwill gesture to the crazy delays).

Adviser
Message 130 of 160
Message 130 of 160

I'm waiting for a response from three mobile.