account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Just realized my month old z1 is bent

Rookie
Message 151 of 160
Message 151 of 160

Re: Just realized my month old z1 is bent

I have had this problem along with other issuses, I was living with the bent phone but then it stopped charging... I would not advise anyone to get a sony device and I will not allow my wife or three children to get any in future either.

I sent my device off and was told it would cost me £128 for the repair, i asked about this and was told I would be contacted in 3-5 days, needless to say I heard nothing. I left it over a month and rang them, I was told it had been escalated again and would be contacted within 3-5 days, still nothing. I rang a few more times and was finally told there was nothing they would do and would have to pay the fee.

It took nearly three months to this response from this uncaring useless company, stating it is not a manufacturing fault even in the light of all the evidence on the internet.

I am finished with sony and will shout it from every social media platform I can!!

I will be sending a complaints report but I expect it to be shredded on delivery to be honest!!Angry Face

Message 152 of 160
Message 152 of 160

I finally bit the bullet and sent my 6 month old xperia Z1 to 02  which is a contract phone and faced the same accusations that i damaged it myself.

Later i found out that the girl who worked in 02 had the same thing happen to her , some kind of justice i suppose.

Anyway im awaiting my response from sony about my bent phone.

As previous posters have said , its happening to too many people to be classed as owner negligence.

Message 153 of 160
Message 153 of 160

Updated.

02 deemed the phone beyond econoimical repair and wanted to charge me £300 for new phone.

Sony have contacted me with the option of paying £110 for a new display , shipping costs and handling fees.

I have the contract till Nov , if i jump ship its a £250 termination fee to 02 , its a quandary  and its no victory for me to put it mildly.

Rookie
Message 154 of 160
Message 154 of 160

The sad thing is I actually quite liked the phone, was considering one for my son and daughter when their contracts are up but I now KNOW I will be getting either HTC or samsung, I am now using my 4 year old samsung, with no problems. The amount of evidence out there supporting this happening for no apparent reason, certainly not getting bent in the pocket defies belief. Open your eyes sony!!

I will also shy away from sony as a company, tv's cameras etc.

Goodbye Sony, good ridance!

One time poster
Message 155 of 160
Message 155 of 160

Same problem. 309€ for my 2-months old Z1. I've sent them dozen of emails and I've called the after-sales service only to get the reason of refusal because it was cut on their estimate. They give me the process to make an official claim. After 3 weeks, it was taken into account. After 1 month and a half, I had an official answer, still cut... I had to email them once more. They finally give the reason. The label was damaged. Which one? I have still no idea. I probably think it is one for the waterproof check. The fact my phone was bent was not mentionned. How can they ignore it seeing the state of my phone? How can the phone be waterproof? I did not see my phone was bent because it was protected under a cover. When will Sony recognize the fact? That was  months ago but I will never give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony Xperia Z1 tordu.jpg

Visitor
Message 156 of 160
Message 156 of 160

I have the same problem Slightly frowning Face unfortunately the service personnel is saying that is a "user mistake", therefore I’ve purchased a 400 euros phone, after 6 month of usage got bended, but sony representatives cannot recognize that is a fabrication fault Slightly frowning Face

The funny thing is that no other service company wants to make a counter expertise to the phone.

Sad. Never again a sony product.

One time poster
Message 157 of 160
Message 157 of 160

I have a bent z1 and i am contacting sony. my actual probelm is voice calls are not good quality. the voice gets dropped like volume switches on and off but through headphones its perfect.

I don't know how my z1 got bent but it has over time and never had the chance to contact sony regarding this.

will they repair this for free or will i be charged?

Visitor
Message 158 of 160
Message 158 of 160

You will definately be charged. I sent mine in and they wouldnt do any other repairs without sorting the bent frame first and that comes in at £126.....

My Z1 is now unusable. I am using my 3.5 year old SAMSUNG.  I certainly won't go sony again or let any of my family go sony,I would rather go to Apple before sony. They don't care about their customers at all, only the bottom line. SAMSUNG or HTC all the way for the future.

Spread the word Sony.

Rookie
Message 159 of 160
Message 159 of 160

bought this phone and it bent on its own. hard to believe I know but it is the truth. I called Sony usa and they didn't believe me and started telling me it was me that bent it. Seeing the other posts makes me feel a lot better as I know that Sony knows there is a problem and will not admit it. It will be hard to trust Sony again. I understand their problem but a company like Sony will only continue by being ethical.
Visitor
Message 160 of 160
Message 160 of 160

Exactly the same issue with my Z1 compact. But I didnt even notice it was bent until Virgin mobile repair said it. I actually sent it in because it just went dead and wont switch on. The bend is barely noticeable, but ofcourse void the warranty for them to not forke out.

I was going to send to Sony but after reading it will cost £20 delivery to get it back if they dont find its in warranty, well now I don't know what to do. Ofcourse I could argue for months about this, because as I know the Xperias have heat issues and likely caused the bend, and they have only rectified it with the Z5, but will Sony take responsibility for that? Like they will.

I will tell everyone not to buy a Sony again.