account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Just realized my month old z1 is bent

One time poster
Message 131 of 160
Message 131 of 160

Re: Just realized my month old z1 is bent

i have had my one for around 5 weeks now it has never been in my rear pocket i never drive with it or sit with it in my front pocket and do my upmost to take care of it 

however i noticed yesterday that it was going Banana shaped 

also with battery life being so good on them i have never left it on charge over night as an hour and a half is all it really needs plugged in on my office desk through the day and in all fairness i cant understand why it would be warping like that but it has gone on the left side just below the micro sd and charger port 

being that it is insure if i had done something stupid with it i would have gone down that route however having spoken to Vodafone today they are claiming that it would be a chargable repair 

so not really impressed 

Adviser
Message 132 of 160
Message 132 of 160

Three replaced phone for a new one for me. Ehhhh...

Enthusiast
Message 133 of 160
Message 133 of 160

@Jocky wrote:

i have had my one for around 5 weeks now it has never been in my rear pocket i never drive with it or sit with it in my front pocket and do my upmost to take care of it 

however i noticed yesterday that it was going Banana shaped 

also with battery life being so good on them i have never left it on charge over night as an hour and a half is all it really needs plugged in on my office desk through the day and in all fairness i cant understand why it would be warping like that but it has gone on the left side just below the micro sd and charger port 

being that it is insure if i had done something stupid with it i would have gone down that route however having spoken to Vodafone today they are claiming that it would be a chargable repair 

so not really impressed 

Sorry to hear this, I would suggest getting in contact with trading standards and see what they recommend. (Also notify watchdog if UK based)

There are a number of cases where handsets are being replaced by Sony/suppliers but they do seem few and far between.

However Sony agreed to replace mine as a goodwill gesture due to various delays (not actual acceptance of the fault)

Some people outside the UK have had Sony directly replace the handset.

Latest news is that Aedranir is having theirs replaced by 3

Visitor
Message 134 of 160
Message 134 of 160

I am from India and my xperia z1 has also been bent slightly. Lesser than most of people who've posted here but its still there. I also received 6 months accident warranty free from Sony so i'd like to get my phone replaced. Is it possisle?
Commissioner
Message 135 of 160
Message 135 of 160

What to do when your Xperia Z1 is bent:

1, Tell people it's a Sony Galaxy Round

Enthusiast
Message 136 of 160
Message 136 of 160

@kaka22 wrote:
I am from India and my xperia z1 has also been bent slightly. Lesser than most of people who've posted here but its still there. I also received 6 months accident warranty free from Sony so i'd like to get my phone replaced. Is it possisle?

People are also claiming on their personal phone insurance, so I don't see why you couldn't claim on an accident warranty even if provided by Sony.

Probably an easier process then going through standard Sony repair process and arguing with Sony.

Rookie
Message 137 of 160
Message 137 of 160

It seems like Sony is still in business with curved phones, I bought Xperia Z1 Compact and the problem remains

http://postimg.org/image/jeehopzpn/

I've shipped it yesterday to local servis (Agram, Zagreb), I'am waiting for the response, really pissed of how phone made of ''solid'' piece of aluminium frame can bend itself

Sorry for bad English

One time poster
Message 138 of 160
Message 138 of 160

well it seems mine has lasted a bit longer my 5 month old Z1 is bent sending it off to O2 lets see what they say

Highlighted
Learner
Message 139 of 160
Message 139 of 160

I Have it too. It causes not working SD card and loosing network..
One time poster
Message 140 of 160
Message 140 of 160

i have the same problem but o2 and sony refuse to repair/replace the device unless i pay.  i am furious.  anyone else had problems getting this fixed?