account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Just realized my month old z1 is bent

Highlighted
Regular
Message 1 of 160
Message 1 of 160

Just realized my month old z1 is bent

Hi,

Today I put my phone on the table and just realized that my phone is bent. I have attached a picture for reference. Anyone else facing this issue?1460116_10153431588925532_1574360167_n.jpg

159 REPLIES 159
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 160
Message 2 of 160

Re: Just realized my month old z1 is bent

nop

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 160
Message 3 of 160

At a guess, id say you had it in a back pocket.

It didnt leave the factory like that. Heck it would not sit properly in the packaging when you got it.

You did it dude. Turn it around and sit on it again. Winking Face

Adviser
Message 4 of 160
Message 4 of 160

Back Pocket + phone = exactly that... I do give you points for calling it an "issue" tho Face with stuck-out Tongue 

Regular
Message 5 of 160
Message 5 of 160

err.. no.. i do not carry anything in my back pockets.. i carry my phone in my side pocket and even so.. it is bending outwards.. away from my thigh..

Rookie
Message 6 of 160
Message 6 of 160

Just don't bend it back to normal or you risk hardware failure. I've read somewhere that Xperia Z1's hardware is very sensitive to dropping/bending. In fact, when AndroidAuthority did a drop test with the Z1 it had barely any scratches but the phone didn't function because of the shock inside the hardware.

Regular
Message 7 of 160
Message 7 of 160

Thanks for the info. I have spoken to the local sony support here. They reckon I'll have to speak to the HQ here to get it looked at.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 160
Message 8 of 160

@SVWatt wrote:

At a guess, id say you had it in a back pocket.

It didnt leave the factory like that. Heck it would not sit properly in the packaging when you got it.

You did it dude. Turn it around and sit on it again. Winking Face

The amazing thing is the screen looks ok. How can that be.

One time poster
Message 9 of 160
Message 9 of 160

Mine is also bent have had it 3 weeks never been dropped and don'. Put in my back pocket all ways my front one and same my screen is perfect
Commissioner
Message 10 of 160
Message 10 of 160

I have seen Z users to complain about this, It might be due to phone heating 

Xperia ZL C6502 (Replaced with a Perfect Phone)