account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Just downgraded to 4.1.2 see why:

Highlighted
Talent
Message 1 of 27
Message 1 of 27

Just downgraded to 4.1.2 see why:

Found serious problems and I’m realy angry:

1. ActiveSync does not work properly. They (Sony)  know the problem. It is known for two years at least (as I found on some internet discussion groups), so why did they do nothing? Message body are not displayed (it’s a brand new feature, come with 4.3), calendar entries are duplicated as in 4.1.2.
  2. Phone is visible slower in 4.3 than in 4.1.2. When you start an application, it seems to work ok, but there are some lags during startup
  3. WiFi works the same. They just lowered the threshold below which the network is invisible (from  -80 to -100 dBm). You could did it by yourself on rooted 4.1.2) So, WiFi works the same, but the notification shows the signal is stronger
  4. I don’t care a camera. Such a small sensor will never do better photos. It must be noised. Off course,  there are some reducing noise algorithms, but it makes a photo more blurry
  5. I don’t pay attention to games. I just need a phone for communication e-mails, day planning, www etc.) and it does not work well, either on 4.1.2 or 4.3. It’s a bit worse on 4.3

There is probably more bugs, but I was unable to find it during just few hours…

BTW, how can I install a native android mail client?

26 REPLIES 26
One time poster
Message 2 of 27
Message 2 of 27

Re: Just downgraded to 4.1.2 see why:

how to downgrade to 4.1 without any root or something,, just to put back original 4.1 Slightly smiling Face

Message 3 of 27
Message 3 of 27

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2013-Xperias/m-p/...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 4 of 27
Message 4 of 27

did you upgraded or made a clean re-install (wipe phone to factory settings and then install 4.3)?

that's because i found some annoying bug with an upgrade. it seemed that some setting i had previously (things like "visible touch" from the developer section) remained with the new release and made trouble.

for example the calendar just broke up after one day...

now i've totally wiped the phone and made a new install.

i don't find it slower and there are no more lags and locks... i can't say it's definitely faster than 4.1.2, but surely it's not slower.

calendar app finally shows different colours for different subscriptions, and that worths the upgrading alone (even if i found a good solution with google stock cal).

tha new quick ref button is cool for multitasking and new stamina mode seems smarter.

let's face it: it is nothing worth listening a month and a half of chilidish moaning and complaining from a lot of people here, but it's not a bad software upgrade either... even more considering that was free...

Talent
Message 5 of 27
Message 5 of 27

I downgraded using flashtool. Frankly speaking, I don't know what in fact this application does. It looked as completely wipe...

Otherwise, I get 4.3 again, but exchanged some applications to google stock apk (untouched by Sony developers). It took some hours, and my phone seems to work ok.  

Rookie
Message 6 of 27
Message 6 of 27

Yes...Dude...u r right...... I also updated my phone before 2 days. i was very eager to update to 4.3. but now i'm regretting.4.1.2 was far better than this. Camera becomes worst and battery dries faster. i'm very unsatisfied with the upgrade.

Regular
Message 7 of 27
Message 7 of 27

Very bugy update and you are right on every word you write
Message 8 of 27
Message 8 of 27

After major update like this you must wait until new firmware settle down...dont judge just after using only 2 days..also did you performed reset to factory?

Talent
Message 9 of 27
Message 9 of 27

Danial,

Ofcourse, I reseted to factory settings before I upgraded the phone. Did it again after update process done. What can I say....

1. ActiveSync does work only with Exhange servers, depending on configuration. It sets wrong connection settings (truncation of an e-mail). All users (not only SP on 4.3) have the same if they use Kerio, others, and Exhange in some conditions.

It is like that because of Sony modification of ActiveSync apk, as stock Google one works fine.

You may say, I can use IMAP or POP3 . Yes, I can, but only ActiveSYnc synchronize my address book and calendar. I asked Sony Center many times for help, and got no answer till now.

Was I right writting about this issue? Im sure I was.

2. Finaly I upgraded again to 4.3 because I found out how to get rid of the ActiveSync issue (by installing pure google apks. It has some side effects, but it's better than nothing). And after 3 weeks I can confirm, the phone works slower. And, frankly speaking, I dont use any games. It's just a set of 2d application as Facebook, Chrome, weather forecast, google maps and others like that. Every of them works slower, including several dozens of seconds after starts of Chrome.

3. WiFi Issue is a hardware problem. Only you can do is changing signal indicator to show a bit better connection and set it to disconect in lower strenght. It cause a network is seto invisible in lower signal rate than in 4.1. Many users did the same in the older firmware version, if it's rooted.

4. Camera issue. A small sensor with big amount of pixels cause of big amount of noise. So grainy pictures issue is a hardware problem as well as the WiFi one. Only you can do is using of some noise reduction software. Like Windows one like Neat. Most product like that make pictures blurry. If you develop noise reduction soft what can do its work without  a quality degradation, you wold be a very rich person.. Slightly smiling Face

Look Danial, I pointed to less issues than other forum users. And waitiong for the "update settle down" changed nothing in my opinion. Maybe it would be better after nex update (I hope), but I'm afraid, they did nothing to ActiveSync issue, what is a major problem for me.

Time to change to Windows phone. Probably without Sony. It has nothing but nice design....

Message 10 of 27
Message 10 of 27

i see people problems about excange..i cant say anything about this cause i dont use it..i just setup my email and gamil and works fine..WI-fi is better...i have connection where i never had on 4.12(also in depand highly on router)

yes you are completly right about camera...i don't expect much more than SP's camera

but problem about your slow phone and laggs....my problem gone after factory reset..for someone it got fixed after repairing by SUS