account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Its not Sony, its the location, location?

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Its not Sony, its the location, location?

I am a loyal Sony customer. However, my current experience has set me thinking if I should continue to be. I recently bought two " great"  Sony products, a TV and a Xperia Z1 smartphone but an in a bit of a bind on both counts. In the former case,  we cannot record programmes onto an external hard drive which we purchased at great expense. In the latter case, my smartphone now has a rather unsightly scratch less that a week after I bought it.

I am a very careful individual but how much of caring can you do when you can't find accessories to protect such a heavy investment? The point is, I have searched high and low in Rome (Italy) and cannot find anyone who sells Sony Xperia Z1 protection accesssories, non whatsoever and this inludes the shop where I bought it from.

I am asking Sony, is it my location or what? I have done a quick search for cases on the Internet  but am not sure about the quality of what I am viewing. I would have imagined Sony to support its products so customer loyalty (as in my case) does not become an issue. You can do better than this Sony! I would be happy to walk into a shop in Rome and get satisfied .

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Its not Sony, its the location, location?

Sorry to hear that you got a scratch in your new phone.

Covers and cases are usually available that dealers that sells products from Krusell but you can also order them online from http://www.krusellcases.com/it/p_krusell_main.aspx. You can also contact your local Sony Xperia support (http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/) to see if they have any information on what dealers that seels accessories.

For covers, cases and display protectors you can also try Ebay.

I'm not sure if the TV is supposed to be able to record to a harddrive or not but i recommend that you post this question on this forum as well: http://community.sony-europe.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CountrySelector

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.