account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Issues after ICS Update to Neo V

SOLVED
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 30
Message 11 of 30

Re: Issues after ICS Update to Neo V

Removed Apps:Screenshot_2012-05-24-19-42-41.pngScreenshot_2012-05-24-19-42-59.pngScreenshot_2012-05-24-19-43-10.pngScreenshot_2012-05-24-19-43-20.pngScreenshot_2012-05-24-19-43-28.png

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 12 of 30
Message 12 of 30

After observing carefully if have concluded several things that could make your device slow..

First letme discuss some other things that is about apps. Lets discuss about this screenshot

I hope you already are aware of that fact that ICS uses more ram (if not then a must look here )

So keeping in mind that you have 61 apps installed, the number is quite high according to ICS on a device with 512 mb ram.. only

Each app that you have had installed on your phone uses some amount of ram and its not necessary that it will show its ram usage in running lists of app ( you understand what i am trying to say? )

Now if you count total ram, settings + lookout + dropbox till last, it won't total as 209 which the device is showing, because that hidden ram is used by every other app

This creates problem, and is one of the main cause that results in lag....

even see due to low ram the service Vitamio is restarting and this restarting makes your device lag.. similarly other apps would close , restart close restart.

So my advice uninsall all the apps that are not imporant at all. you don't need an antivirus or task killer, they harm your mobile, and you have installed them... better to remove

And restore anthalservice.apk and remove more apps... you still haven't removed many

See posts on page number 1 and 14 by Auni ( only ) there is a list of apps that could be removed safely

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 13 of 30
Message 13 of 30

Hi Nabeel,

Thanks for your thoughtful support.

1. I have already removed task killer. Your suggestion for removing anti-virus is not understood since Sony also bundles Mcafee. Would you mind elaborating.
  2. I restored AntHalService.apk. I associated this with antradio so removed it. Btw, what this app is for?
  3. I am aware of what Sony stated about resource requirement and 512MB RAM limitation. However there seems to be some problem with Sony's implimentation too. As my tab is also having 512MB Ram & 1GHz processor but it runs without any lag on ICS. May be further upgrade or a CFW will take care of that.
  4. I stated 61 apps in toto (system+bundled + Mine). I have installed only 30 apps mostly utilities like Aldiko, cam scanner etc, 2 internet TV apps (one of them require Vitamio) and an internet radio. I use most of them regularly. Still I will review &see if I could remove some of them.
  5. To remove bloatware, I used the post you mentioned as the guide. Except Google maps & office reader I removed all recommended Apps.Below this msg I am appending the list. All the apps marked green are removed. Kindly review and let me know your views.

Many thanks once again,

Regds,

List of the Junk Apps for 4.1.A.0.562:

• - adobereader.apk (Delete this if you have any third party pdf reader installed.)
  • - antradioservice.apk (ANT Radio Service, u can also disable it)
  • - chinesetextinput.apk (chinese keyboard; I am not chinese)
  • - datatrafficswitch.apk (Data on/off widget, Keep it if do not have any other shortcut access to the Data traffic settings)
  • - DigitalClockWidget.apk (digital clock widget)
  • - Home.apk (I am OK with stock launcher so did not remove)
  • - JapaneseIME.apk (japanese keyboard: I am not japanese)
  • - letsgolf_ay.apk (Let's Golf: No Thanks)
  • - livewaremanager.apk (Live Ware Manager: depends on ur need)
  • - neoreader.apk (Neoreader)= ?
  • - officesuite.apk (Office Suite)= I use it
  • - OmaDatasyncService.apk (part of Sony Sync)= ? Not sure what it does?
  • - playnowclientarvato.apk (Play Now: We have Google Play)
  • - POBoxSknPink.apk (skin for chinese keyboard)
  • - POBoxSknWood.apk (skin for chinese keyboard)
  • - Protips.apk (Android tips on homescreen)
  • - Sakura.apk= Not sure
  • - SemcCrashMonitor.apk (Crash Monitor)= You recommended not to remove
  • - SEMCSetupWizard.apk (Setup Wizard)= Not sure
  • - Stk.apk (SIM Tool KitSlightly smiling Face
  • - storefront.apk (all the new stuff that has something to do with Fun&Downloads. Removes 3 items from the app drawer that belong to that game thing)
  • - Sync.apk (Sony Sync)= ? Not sure what it does?
  • - Talk.apk (Google Talk: Optional and up to u)= I use it
  • - talkback.apk
  • - trackid.apk (Track ID: Optional Many other serives are there)= I use it
  • - UpdateCenter.apk (Update Center)
  • - usersupport.apk (Support)
  • - WeatherWidget.apk (Weather widget)
  • - widgetanalogclock.apk (Clock widget)
  • - widgetcalendar.apk (Calendar widget)
  • - widgetdigitalclock.apk (digital clock widget)
  • - widgetonoff.apk (most on/off widgets: Keep it if u do not have any other shortcut access)
  • - widgettimer.apk (timer widget)
  • - widgetworldclock.apk (world clock widget)
  • - GenieWidget.apk (default News/Weather widget)
  • - retaildemo.apk (Retail demo)
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 30
Message 14 of 30

Hey, m indian but m using the official nordic version of ics...the camera now captures a lot of noise bt it dint use to when i was using GB Slightly frowning Face Is this problem due to nordic ICS or should i change to indian version?

Thanks in advance Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 15 of 30
Message 15 of 30

1. Neoreader.apk (Neoreader)= It's a QR code reader, similar app is like bar code scanners.
  2. OmaDatasyncService.apk (part of Sony Sync)= Remove it, don't worry, related to old SE Sync.
  3. SEMCSetupWizard.apk (Setup Wizard)= The basic setup wizard which you go thorugh just after installing a new OS. Remove it, it's no longer needed when you set up the phone for first time.
  4. Sync.apk (Sony Sync)= The old Sony Ericsson Sync. Remove it also, it's no longer needed.
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 16 of 30
Message 16 of 30

Thanks a lot Auni for explaination. I will now happily remove 2,3 & 4. I have in fact used your post as a guide to remove bloatware. Do you think some other app is better than Neo Reader or I just leave it like that?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 17 of 30
Message 17 of 30

Hi Archetype, I do not face any noise issue. I would suggest to reflash the firmware using repair method as suggested by Nabeel. That leads to clean installation and hence lesser issues. He recommended formatting even the SD card too. I had lot of problems earlier but after clean installation I am much better off.

All the best,

Forum Legend
Message 18 of 30
Message 18 of 30

In addition to Auni's post--

If you don't use neo reader then remove it otherwise keep it, it doesn't uses ram

You can remove usersupport.apk ( its useless for me ) ( it unecessarily uses ram )

Do you have xperia hot shots ? and UEFA ?

REMOVE THEM IF YOU DONT' use, Go this way > root explorer > data > app > remove the one you don't want,

restart your mobile and then go to settings > apps > all > uninstall the apps that you removed ( their icons would be greay in colour )

regarding STK.APK, this app is useless too, it appeas on screen only if you have sim inserted on your phone, and its just related to network carrier, offers by it etc, don;t restore it , its not related to network signal Slightly smiling Face

There are still a lot of apps, i am attaching few sccreenshots. ( i have removed these apps )

See each and every app, you can even remove update center, you don't need it at all , you have pc companion, and even if you need it, you can restore it in future

screenshot_2012-05-25_1526.png

screenshot_2012-05-25_1526_1.png

screenshot_2012-05-25_1527.png

screenshot_2012-05-25_1527_1.png

Forum Legend
Message 19 of 30
Message 19 of 30

Hmmm, regional firmwares are best suited

You should downgrade to gingerbread first and then reinstall using pc companion , it will reinstall ICS for your region

Do one thing, see part 2 here, downgrade to any firmware of gingerbread and then directly reinstall using pc companion, reinstall using pcc 2 times to ensure clear installation

even format your sd card before insalling ics

One time poster
Message 20 of 30
Message 20 of 30

Hi, I use Google Goggles instead. This has more features.