account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Issue with Smart Dial

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Issue with Smart Dial

Hi

Over the past few days, I have noticed an issue with the Smart Dial Functionality.  It seems to be working fine identifying names that I have had on my phonebook for quite some time, but some others, it just refuses to find.  Smart Dial is able to identify them if i dial the actual digits in the phone number, but not the letters corresponding to their names.

I'm not absolutely sure as to which set of numbers exactly are facing this problem, but as far as i can see they all seem to be numbers I have added to my contact list fairly recently.

I have a feeling that these are possbily numbers I have added to my contact list after the most recent software update.  All contacts prior to that were backed up to memory card and then restored.

Has anybody else faced a similar problem?  Is it just me, or is this some sort of bug?

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issue with Smart Dial

Check if clearing data for smart search could help.

Settings > Apps > All.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

HI Johan

Just tried doing that, but doesn't seem to have helped.  Still facing the same issue.

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Really? No other suggestions?

Has no one else noticed this problem?  I was kind of looking forward to getting a resolution to this problem here.. Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

One last attempt at bumping this thread in the hope that I will get some sort of a solution.  Maybe i should just give up asking here anymore... or is it the assumed answered mark thats turning everyone away?

Is no one at all facing this problem?  Maybe my phone is just badly behaved :S

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I bought a Xperia Z3 Compact in May this year. It was delivered with the last OS (Android 5.1).

It seems that it doesn't recognize names either, only the numbers. My previous smartphone which was really "low end" compared to the Z3 Compact was clearly able to handle that. Any solution?  Worried Face