account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Issue connecting 5.0Ghz using Z3

Adviser
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Issue connecting 5.0Ghz using Z3

Hi Sony Support and Z3 Users,

I need some help and clarification. I just got a brand new Dual-band modem that has 2.4Hz and 5Hz wireless connection.

I was able to connect to 2.4GHz for Z Ultra, Z3 Tablet Compact and Z3 but my Z3 is the only one cannot connect to 5GHz. Can I check what happened? Does anyone having the same problem like me with Z3. Is it firmware problem or hardware issue? My Z Ultra and Z3 Table Compact didn't have any problem with 5GHz so may I know what caused my Z3 refused to accept the 5GHz. Hope to receive your inputs.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Issue connecting 5.0Ghz using Z3

Boot on safe mode and try to connect to the 5GHz band.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Adol does your dual band router have separate SSID for 2.4ghz and 5ghz or is it auto mode?If you have 2 SSID that broadcast indivually connect to 5Ghz manually.If not it is down to router to decide what frequency
Adviser
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Have two SSID for 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz. Both worked perferly well on Z ultra x2 and Z3 Tablet Compact. As for Z3, ok for 2.4GHz and can detect 5.0Hz SSID but cannot connect to it. Strange.

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

cannot connect to 5GHz at safe mode. Thanks.

Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Adol what router do you have.eg.make,model
Apprentice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi,

I have the same problem with my Z3 Dual (D6633).

I have a Netgear WNDR3700 Dual Band Router (award winning).

Beside me I have an Acer Laptop with built-in Dualband connected to 5GHz and also a stationary PC with USB dongle dualband connected to 5 GHz. No difference moving the Z3 close to the router.

I have seperate SSID for 2,4 and 5 GHZ.

Booting into safe mode shows that 5GHz now available, saved and using WPA - but it won't connect. While in safe mode i tried connecting to 2,4 GHz with no problem - but then 5GHZ now shows "Not within reach" - as it does in Normal boot mode.

Apparently when I started up the Z3 for the very first time (2 month ago) I was able to connect to 5Ghz as I have filled in Password and saved this connection.

If this problem appeared before or after the newly firmware update - I cannot tell. I just saw this tread and checked the phone - just to dicover that I was not connected to 5 Ghz as I thougt I was.

Regards

Kim

Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Try doing s hard reset on your router. That will set it back to factory settings
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi,

I did that just before writing previous post.

There's nothing that points a flaw in the router unless the other guy has excatly the same router with same firmware updated.

We'll see if he tell us the brand of his router.