account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Is 512mb Ram is enough for latest android...

One time poster
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Is 512mb Ram is enough for latest android...

I think what Sony should do for Jelly Bean updates for Sola, U and the rest is...

- Remove all unwanted apps that take up RAM and make these available in Google Play Store

- Release BETA Jelly Bean update

Make a dedicated forum sticky post and link this in the firmware so users can post feedback of bugs etc or some sort of bug reporting app that sends all data to Sony devs.

- 512MB is low but I think there might be away IF Sony dev can utilise a virtual RAM on phone or internal memory?

For me Sola is perfectly fine if you got GB. ICS (2nd update) on the other hand is ok but more problems than GB.

Keep your Sola on GB until decent ICS update is stable. No point wasting money on another phone just for extra RAM.

Sony released these Sola, U etc with 512MB it's a sales gimmick so users will buy new phones with 768MB or higher RAM devices from Sony however I am NOT going to waste my money. Android fans such as ourselves we love the updates ! :smileygrin:

One time poster
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

well i've just rooted and uninstalled all the useless apps, now its more smooth than GB,

and i am runnin ICS .54..

here is my RAM usage..

Screenshot_2012-12-20-21-24-03.png

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

512 ram its enough for jelly bean. we are waste our time if we hope that sony give us JB. Thats is sony tactic ,  a fiasco. Poor support. Sony has more to learn about good mobile companies. Samsung has already prepaired a christmas gift to galaxy s2 owners. a 20 months old phone will be update to JB at January 2013. Our phone (sola) , 6 months old , remain with ICS.