account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Internet connection USB Tethering Failled!! XP SP2. SE Team Ans (Also) Required!!!!!

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Internet connection USB Tethering Failled!! XP SP2. SE Team Ans (Also) Required!!!!!

Anguished Face I have tried all the ways to tethering usb without using third party tethering soft's.

But Am not able to connect sucessfuly without the help of third party tethering.

SE Team Pls Answer it.

What i need to do to fix this problem....

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Internet connection USB Tethering Failled!! XP SP2. SE Team Ans (Also) Required!!!!!

I think you will have to describe the problem you run into in more detail.

What happens when you try?

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Internet connection USB Tethering Failled!! XP SP2. SE Team Ans (Also) Required!!!!!

Hi Johan,

Installed pc companion in Compaq  Laptop .

Inserting usb cable in Laptop then to Arc.

Laptop detecting my Arc.

Am Able to access memeory card contnet via Pc companion .

Then I changed into media transfer mode. (Even i checked with mass storage mode also begin from first Step)

After that i enebled Usb tether .

Settings > Wireless&networks > Tethering & Portable Hot Spot > Usb tethering.

For your info I have tried to install tetherxp.ini . Lap is not accepting that driver.

PLS ANSWER IT.......

How to connect internet (usb tethering) without using thirdparty softwares.

But am not able to connect with internet in my laptop.

Am able to connect with open Wifi Hotspot mode through wifi secured (By selecting WPA2 PSK i have given password but my lap is not connecting . Lap is getting connected when make it open network) mode also not detectng in my laptop. Pls provide me the ans step by step.

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Nov 17, 2011 7:14 AM (in response to Johan-SEAnswers)

Hi Johan,

Installed pc companion in Compaq  Laptop .

Inserting usb cable in Laptop then to Arc.

Laptop detecting my Arc.

Am Able to access memeory card contnet via Pc companion .

Then I changed into media transfer mode. (Even i checked with mass storage mode also begin from first Step)

After that i enebled Usb tether .

Settings > Wireless&networks > Tethering & Portable Hot Spot > Usb tethering.

For your info I have tried to install tetherxp.ini . Lap is not accepting that driver.

PLS ANSWER IT.......

How to connect internet (usb tethering) without using thirdparty softwares.

But am not able to connect with internet in my laptop.

Am able to connect with open Wifi Hotspot mode through wifi secured (By selecting WPA2 PSK i have given password but my lap is not connecting . Lap is getting connected when make it open network) mode also not detectng in my laptop. Pls provide me the ans step by step.

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

1. Do you have valid APN

2. Is data connection enabled when the mode is changed to USB tethering.

I do tethering all the time via USB and Wifi

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Am having 3G signal and its working fine with my mobile.

APN and DATA conncetions are good.

In order to connect laptop after the instalateion of PDA Net or Easyther i can able to access the web in laptop.

And also i need to buy the full version of anyone application. Otherwise am not able to open the HTTPS:// Pages. Free versions its not allowing to access HTTPS:// Pages

If am installing that third party application am able to connect with my laptop.

If i am selecting the second option WiFi- Am able to connect with open mode. WiFi also am not able to connect with Scure mode that is password encrypted mode.

My question is,

Is it posible to connect the internet in my laptop  by using arc as a moderm by not using the third party softwares?

If yes means How to do?

My lap is having pc companion . Its windows XP SP2 platform.