account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

International warranty. Non existent.

Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: International warranty. Non existent.

Whilst as stated, in the EU legal redress for faulty goods lies with the retailer rather than the manufacturer, nevertheless most (all?) manufacturers give some form of warranty

Howver a quick search does throw up some interesting anomalies, for example:

• My yougest daughter has a motorola phone which has a Global Waranty - valid only in the country of purchase (work that one out if you can)

• Nissan give a pan-european warranty but the terms are depended on the terms offered in the country of claim not of purchase - ie they may differ

• My Longines watch has a international warranty, so I can take it to any authrised dealer in the world & it will be repaired under the same terms

And Sony?  Well their web-site clealy states that there is a pan-EU warranty, so why wouldn't their service centres help you - I can't say, unless the retailer you bought from was non-EU

Emperor
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

@paulchadwick

You don't have to convince use, this is a user based forum, you have to address this with whomever sold the phone to you. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Demigod
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

But on the other hand... when I called polish SC and asked whether they will service Z3 from Sweden they said they do as long as I will have a proof of purchase with date and IMEI clearly stated on that document.

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Adviser
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Your contract exists with the seller, not the manufcturer. If you have a fault with the device then you should take it up with Amazon.

There is nothing particulalry unusual about the scenario you highighted. The only manufacturer of elecronics I know of who have a value proposition based around face to face customer service are Apple. But they sell most of their stock themselves and also  ceased offering an interenational warranty on iPhones and iPads a few years ago.