account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Installing Media Go

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Installing Media Go

Hello, i noticed when i saw a update for Media Go, once click on to download, It wouldn't. 

It wouldn't move from 0% and finally says cannot connect to Network, please check your connection. So i uninstalled it. 

Now it says, unpacking Media Go, then downloading PlaystationStore and it fails due too not apparently connected to the internet. 

I've tried the procedure with my Firewall switched off, still no difference.

Any help?

6 REPLIES 6
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Installing Media Go

MediaGo.jpg

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

The problem does sound like a firewall or other security software blocking Media Go. Are you sure that your firewall is disabled completely?

Other then turning off firewall you could try this on another internet connection. Depending on what phone you have and your data plan you could try tethering with your phone to connect the PC to the internet using your phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Im usings Windows 8 security, I did turn off the windows firewall. I'll find others methods and see if I can get it to budge.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I've managed to get it installed with a wired connection the other week. 

Now it came up with an update for Media Go. So I wired connected it again as wi-fi still doesnt work. But now it even says Network Unavailable. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

If you have any router or similar, try removing that and connect your PC directly to your internet service provider and see if that helps.

If not, i can't think of any other solution but to try another internet connection or that you contact your internet service provider to see if they can see why you don't have full internet access.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.