account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Inner EarSpeaker Problem - Xperia Z

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Inner EarSpeaker Problem - Xperia Z

I have a Xperia Z and now the inner earspeaker doesn't work.

If i "pinch" the earspeaker zone its works, so it looks like a hardware problem.

I have just sent the phone to the service the past week at my telephone company store but they don't have the Xperia Z for sale any more, so I have 2 questions:

If Sony repairs my phone it would be water resistant again?

Or Sony will change the phone directly?

And if my company have to replace the phone that wasn't in their catalogue, Do they have to give me a newer model instead?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Inner EarSpeaker Problem - Xperia Z

Yes as they should perform a pressure test before handing it back and if the service report doesn't say then request one be carried out

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi ACampos,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You would be best to contact Sony Mobile Customer care to help answer the questions, however if the service agent is an authorised Sony Mobile repair agent, then they should be able to make sure that it retains its water resistance.

I hope this helps.

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I HAVE MY SONY BACK!!!

Yesterday my telephone company send me a message, and i have my Xperia Z back and repaired.

They did a great job and too fast.

Enter date: 19/01

Expedition date:20/01

So i just waited 1 week, because of the transport.

Parts changed:

Cover Panel Top Black

Foil Adhesive Double Side 0.0mm WP

Cupper Sheet McamB

Cap USB Assy R Black - YES, I HAD A BROKEN WATERPROOF SEAL, AND THEY REPAIRED IT!

Sheet Battery FPC

Loudspeaker 15.0 Rectangular

Great job Sony, I'm a little afraid about taking the phone into water, but i will test it again some day.

Thank you

Rookie
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I was happy... 2 days using the Phone and same problem appears.. Tomorrow I Will send it again to Sony