account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Increasing the battery life in reality

Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Increasing the battery life in reality

After switching from Samsung 3200 mAH battery i found the XZU battery disappointing. I thought it was due to the huge screen size. but, there is a tweak that changed my perception to a gr8 extent. Others can try it as well because it's safe to do so.

Head into Settings > Developer options and turn off Windows animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale.

Feel the difference afterwards.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Increasing the battery life in reality

Apart from this use stamina mode frequently (There is no harm keeping it on). It's a pretty cool feature by SONY and i thank them for that Slightly smiling Face

Else, you can install some good task killer and avoid keeping screen to the max bright levels. It will drastically improve your experience. Anyway, it'll differ from user to user so it can't be 100% same for everyone.

It's a brillian device and i feel happy to have switched from the samsung era to XZU ;-)