account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Incoming SMS won't open

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Incoming SMS won't open

I have just bought a new z3 compact and have had it a week. It has 5.1 installed. but twice now I have been told I have an SMS. When I go to the stock messaging app and click the new message then the app opens an old conversation. Indeed when I click any other old conversation then that same one is still opened. I can't delete the new message. Rebooting the phone clears the problem. Is this a known problem ?

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incoming SMS won't open

Hi @patters,

That's odd. If this happens again, could you try opening the message in another messaging app and see if the same thing happens? As an example you could download Google's free SMS app Messenger from Google Play and use that to test this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I happend again today but before I saw your reponse. I'll try this next time it happens which I am sure it will

Genius
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

It used to happen to me but the fault was of my carrier, both sms, mms and voicemail icons were not going away, like if their servers were not able to clear the notification even thought the messages were both read/listened and marked like so.

The reboot helps because it clear the cache of your applications (since lollipop doesn't use dalvik cache anymore) and the network provider won't send a push signal to check for new messages/voicemails.

Do you want a proof of it? Put your sim in another phone and ask a friend to send you a message. If after you read the message you have the same problem, you can certainly say that the issue is the sim card or your carrier. If it doesn't work then.. well, blame Sony but first try with a software repair using the Sony PC Companion app.

Cheers.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!