account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Inability to Play .dsf File

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Inability to Play .dsf File

Hi,

I just got my Z3 today and tried out the HR music playback. My .dff files was able to work but not my .dsf files. The files are ok because they run well on my laptop using both the JRiver Media Centre and Foobar. According to the specfication stated on your website, both DSF and DSDDIFF formats are supported. Please advise. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Inability to Play .dsf File

Bumping up...

Any of the forum moderators?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Sorry to hear that your files can't be played.
Could you please send me a PM with the IMEI and build number in your phone and i'll escalate this internally.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi, i can not play any DFF or DFS (high resoliution file).

All files works well by JRiver - have you any solution?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I never got the details needed to escalate this from Basher69 so if you could send me the details of your phone i'll escalate this. I haven't been able to replicate any issue here so i need the details of your phone and if possible, details of the file that doesn't play.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Dear Rickard,

I just posted here as saw similar problem like basher69, my phone is sony xperia Z3, all files FLAC and etc can play without problems, but when i want to play DFF or DSF neither is playing, just showing track and track length, also it recognize that it is HR file, i tried of course several of them, but when press play button on walkman player nothing happens , so maybe any plugin should be downloaded, version in mobile is latest 8.4.A.4.4

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi there,

I have just received my Z3 Dual and have folowing problem.

I can not play *.dff (Stereo) files that are DSD128 or *.dff (5.1) that are DSD64 or 128

Same for *.dsf (Stereo) files that are DSD128 or *.dsf (5.1) that are DSD64 or 128

Walkman versioin: 8.5.A.0.6

Build number: 23.0.F.1.74

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I was wondering if there is any solution to this topic. I have a Xperia Z5 Premium which does not play .dsf files through music app, but it does through another app. The older Z3 was able to play them. Is there any solution to this issue? Thanks.