account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Icons and user interface

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Icons and user interface

I'd just like to request that the icons like messages, phone, email etc in older xperia phones were beautiful. I really enjoyed the 3d look. Also, the dialer interface, the messaging interfaces were unique and similar to the Walkman song list style. That was really beautiful. Could it be that such interface was brought back to Sony. It had such elegance.
4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Icons and user interface

Which other phones and which Android version?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I had an xperia mini and later I bought an xperia arc. Both were at 2.3.6 if I remember correctly. Even the lockscreen notifications were cool.
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Have you checked the playstore for similar options? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I did search for themes and launchers but honestly, I didn't find any. And I like to keep my devices in their default launchers. I feel custom launchers slow them down a bit. And earlier I was into installing custom roms and rooting devices but now I just want a steady, smooth and beautiful experience. I did wreck some of my devices overclocking. Face with stuck-out Tongue but now I've outgrown such behaviour. If you have some suggestions, I'd be grateful.