account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

ICS reviews- Post Yours...

Rookie
Message 31 of 37
Message 31 of 37

Re: ICS reviews- Post Yours...

I've seen that, but now if you have ICS you can root your phone very easy. That application really worked for me

One time poster
Message 32 of 37
Message 32 of 37

Here is my review of ICS. I have flashed french version and than repaired with PCC.

First of all radios are working very well and they are stable. WiFi connects easily and the range is also increased. 3G speed is also very good and no network loss.Slightly smiling Face So now my phone becomes 'Phone'.

ICS runs very smoothly. No lag or slow down. RAM consumpsion is high compared to GB but still very smooth. Games and application loading time is equal or less.

Camera has the major addition of SCN AUTO which works very well in sunlight but not in low light condition. Image captured has good details and size is also increased. 720p videos are also very good.

Battery life is same as on GB but it increases when extended battery life is activted.

Some very good additions are WiFi direct, bluetooth tethering, data usage moniter.

ICS is worth to upgrade.

One time poster
Message 33 of 37
Message 33 of 37

hello everyone,  am copying and pasting my post from another thread here on ICS for Xperia U

Confirming, ICS now available for Xperia U. I connected my phone to the computer and started PC companion, the notification for update popped up from the taskbar as soon as the PC companion detected the phone.

Model ST25i

SI number: 1261-6383 - India

Updated build Number: 6.1.1.B.1.10

Android Verson: 4.0.4

Sleeker look to the GUI, lock screen appearance, options changed, My music more or less renamed to walkman - visualizations added, gallery removed - instead moves and albums added where you can directly navigae to video or images, chrome browser added, settings menu rearranged, some changes in the phone contacts section, power saver option removed, yet to find out about battery and other performances. Gmail has good improvements - can change multiple accounts, refresh and perform many other functions fro the same screen i.e no need to tap the menu and back keys to go t those options, can scroll sideways to check next or previous email

If using wi-fi, battery life sucks on the older vesion but I guess that is common for smartphones with 1300mAH of battery.

Look forward to hear more reviews about performance

What I want to know, how to highlight text in a text box (say while typing an sms). Earlier, tapping and holding on the ext box would pop out the opions to select word, select all. It does not happen in ICS. It shows one of the pointer and a magnifier..

I have been a sony ericsson user since 2005, so when I saw the "my music" change to "walkman", I took a peek in to see whether they got the megabass backDizzy Face

One time poster
Message 34 of 37
Message 34 of 37

@rahulk...double click on any word, u vl get all the options u want on the top of the screen..

One time poster
Message 35 of 37
Message 35 of 37

@sujjuagr: Thanks worked.. better than what I used to do

Talent
Message 36 of 37
Message 36 of 37

THANKS SONY!!!!!!

The wait has been worth it. Dispite the bashing going on in this forum over last coupla days, You guys have delivered again.

I had updated in the noon and till now have not faced any bugs.

Guys ICS is AWESOME!!! the UI rocks. and is loaded with better features.

Here is to name a few.

1) Better battery management.

2) Better control over pre-installed application as compared to GB. you can disable an app and uninstall some.

3) Better RAM Management.

4) Classy & Slick looks.

5) Better Gmail.

6) Sony Walkman is a welcome.

7) Smart Connect has got more options.

8) Better customization of walls.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 37 of 37
Message 37 of 37

Things that i like on ICS is it smooth, better ui , walkman.. Things that i don't like is only the performance