account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

I lost taken photos, after installing SD card

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

I lost taken photos, after installing SD card

I put a SD into phone, and after transfer via standard method provided by phone itself, all my photos gone.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: I lost taken photos, after installing SD card

Hi @timonizzze, I am very sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

Can you try to clear data for media storage? Doing so will force your device to read all the media stored on your device and storage mediums. To do so, go to Settings > Apps > Menu (3 dots in the top right) > Show system, now find Media storage in the list > Storage > Clear data. Now restart your device.

Reading all the media on your device may take several minutes depending on how much media you have stored on your device. Up until it reads all the data again you will be unable to see your photos, videos and other media. While it does this I kindly ask you to be patient and check back from time to time in the Album app or your preferred media viewing app.

Let me know if it helped!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.