account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How to turn off vibration coming from installed apps?

Visitor
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

How to turn off vibration coming from installed apps?

Got a big problem here. How can I turn off vibration coming from other apps like COC. Everytime COC notify me that my troops are ready to battle its play the notification sound and vibrates, so I went to setting to check it out if there's an option to turn it off but there's none. So where can I find this option on my phone? Thank in advance Slightly smiling Face.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: How to turn off vibration coming from installed apps?

You could go to settings-apps-downloaded,look for this COC app,untick show notifications.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Thank you. But it will still show notification from COC? What I just don't want is vibration, I like COC to notify me, to play my notification sound.

Highlighted
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

It will not show any notifications. But what you are looking for should be in the app itself,so you could contact the developer. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

So I will send an email to developers of my apps regarding this vibration whose the main cause is the phone for not having an option to turn off vibration on notifications?

Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

No, the developer is responsible to offer this in the app settings, something to untick vibrations. If you look at a message app (facebook messenger or so) they offer this in the settings. Or yahoo mail or others.

Visitor
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Was that so? But on my previous ASUS device COC notifying me without vibrating out my phone. And I didn't even contact the developer for it.

Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Perhaps the settings were different on that device. @uliwooly do you agree with me?

Emperor
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

@gerown

Apps might be different on other devices, you should contact the app developer regarding this. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Nahhh... ok ok done. Thank you alexdon and uliwooly.