account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

How to remove 4 corner shortcut icons

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

How to remove 4 corner shortcut icons

Hello,

How to remove the 4 corner shortcut icons in my sony WT9i phone its irritating me in using 2.3.4 or

can i flash any other 2012 xperia phones frimwares to my phone is that possiable

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to remove 4 corner shortcut icons

you can not flash another Xperia's firmware, you could try but it might brick your phone. try a different home launcher

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

hoo thanks for the reply

can you recommend which home launcher can be used because im new to android thats why

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

launcher pro, go launcher, adw, etc  check the play store

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

ok thanks for that and one more thing that how can i download apps from google play to directly to my PC after that i can copy to sd card manually

Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

That's on warez territory, you can't access the play store?

Warez refers primarily to copyrighted works distributed without fees or royalties, and may be traded, in general violation of copyright law. The term generally refers to unauthorized releases by organized groups, as opposed tofile sharing between friends or large groups of people with similar interest using a darknet. It usually does not refer to commercial software counterfeiting. This term was initially coined by members of the various computer underground circles, but has since become commonplace amongInternet users and the mass media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

ok, and how is the battery life on sony WT9i with android 4.0.4 ?

i curently using 2.3.4 about 48 hrs with Wifi OFF and with WIfi ON hardly one day

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

the battery it's slightly less with ICS but the ICS performance it's not that great on the 2011 Xperias.