account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to install Whatsapp on my Vivaz and how to transfer my messages&contacts from Elm to Vivaz?

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

How to install Whatsapp on my Vivaz and how to transfer my messages&contacts from Elm to Vivaz?

Hi!

I recently bought a second-hand Vivaz. I've reset it and I've reinstalled the newest software available from the Update Service. Now, I tried to install whatsapp and it tells me the certificate is out of date. What do I do?

Besides, I'd like to transfer my messages (SMS) and contacts from my SonyEricsson Elm

to the Vivaz. Is that at all possible?

I'd be very grateful for help on these two issues. I'm totally new to smartphones and any help would be amazing!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Demigod
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to install Whatsapp on my Vivaz and how to transfer my messages&contacts from Elm to Vivaz?

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

As far as I'm aware Whatsapp isn't availalbe for Symbian S60, wich is the OS that Vivaz runs on.

Concerning transfer of contacts you can use Sony PC Companion and the section called Synchronization. You can get PCC from the link below.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to install Whatsapp on my Vivaz and how to transfer my messages&contacts from Elm to Vivaz?

Hey,

Thanks for your help on this. But Whatsapp should be running on the Vivaz, according to both the website from Whatsapp (http://www.whatsapp.com/nokia/, see supported device list includes Sony Ericsson Vivaz) as well as the former owner of the phone who did use Whatsapp but uninstalled it before selling it to me.

So... what is the nature of the problem? Any help anyone?

Secondly, Sony PC Companion isn't exactly helpful since I only have a Mac. Are there any alternative programs to do this? Also, any chance that I could transfer my messages?

Thanks!!!