account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to check running apps on Z5 Compact and reduce RAM usage?

Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Re: How to check running apps on Z5 Compact and reduce RAM usage?

Keep us updated every now and then. You are welcome.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Xperia Z5C Ram Use

Hi ,

i have z5c for 2 days . my phone had 900 mb free ram when android 5.1

and now raise my android 6.0 phone has 400-450 mb free ram .

same applications. not any new app.

Pls Help me Why ?

sorry for my English Slightly smiling Face

Spoiler

Visitor
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Re: How to check running apps on Z5 Compact and reduce RAM usage?

help me pls ? what is the problem. 6.0 ??
why use ram more than 5.1
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Z5 RAM usage.

Hi. I'm just curious as to how RAM usage works. I don't usually use my phone on apps and whatnot but routinely use Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, and Instagram, and turns out my memory consumes upto 80%. Like I'm only left with 800mb out of the 2.7gb memory. After every use of apps, i usually immediately close them. I even tried some app to "clean" and "release" some space and memory but nothing changes.

Is there something wrong or is this normal?
Inhabitant
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Re: Z5 RAM usage.

And also, if possible or advisable, how can i loosen it up?
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

Background services related to many of the apps you mentioned. don't worry about it, as android needs more ram it will release the ram from one of the background tasks that are deemed non vital.
High ram use is normal in all phones, it means much data is already stored ready for quicker loading when you open the apps.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

@viridis ah i see. Well, thanks for the info. Slightly smiling Face