account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How to block a specific number with sony xperia z3 compact?

Visitor
Message 1 of 26
Message 1 of 26

How to block a specific number with sony xperia z3 compact?

Hi I have been receiving harrassing sms and calls and would like to block this specific number. my mobile service provider cannot block for me. Does Sony Xperia have this inbuilt function? 

25 REPLIES 25
One time poster
Message 2 of 26
Message 2 of 26

Re: How to block a specific number with sony xperia z3 compact?

Same here with z2, no call rejection list. Please add this standard android feature back please Sony.
Adept
Message 3 of 26
Message 3 of 26

@Jasxteo wrote:

Hi I have been receiving harrassing sms and calls and would like to block this specific number. my mobile service provider cannot block for me. Does Sony Xperia have this inbuilt function? 

Hi Jasxteo.!

I think you'll find that tere is no "built in" function from Sony on this - and I'm not certain what other phone vendors implement for that, or if they do at all? I know that certain carriers will block numbers for you, and some allow that if you log into their website and access your phone "features".

To block messages - try Textra, which has a "black list" option. Textra as well is an excellent messaging application - and is free.

There are numerous "Call Blocking" apps in the Google app store - each with their own features and some are free as well.

My best,

John

One time poster
Message 4 of 26
Message 4 of 26

Yes there is this function in Samsung phones in their newer versions. Also I really hope Lollipop 5.0 will see Sony Xperia tweaking their keyboard inputs so that EN is easier to type using tap method and EN/CN/JP languages can all be integrated into one keyboard!! My greatest peeve. 

Emperor
Message 5 of 26
Message 5 of 26

You need to download a contact blocker or call blocker or call filter app

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 6 of 26
Message 6 of 26

@uliwooly wrote:

You need to download a contact blocker or call blocker or call filter app

Psssssst....  Hi uliwooly.

Can I ask - do you actually read the entire THREAD before you reply?  The reason I ask is that the answer (the SAME one you posted?) was already posted above yours?

Anyway - with 49,860 posts, I can imagine you don't have much time for actually "reading"?  As for me - I don't know much, as I have all of 30 posts - so what do I know? But as a "newbie" trying to assist others, it's a little discouraging when someone with nearly 50,000 posts come in and quips/cops a reply without actually reading a thread. Maybe I'm in the wrong forum, eh?

In my world - this is a USER->to->USER Z3C owner forum to assist other Z3C owners.  I'll keep reading and posting when I think I can add value, as I am "one of them".

My best to you - but, really...?

John

Emperor
Message 7 of 26
Message 7 of 26

@JohnD That's great that you want to help out, we encourage as many users as possible to engage in this forum, after all this forum is for US, users, to HELP each other, not to bash each other, insults, etc. only useful constructive comments, since you are eager to help others, it will be wise if you are familiar with the forum rules/guidelines

You can read them here

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/m-p/349678#U349678

As for your comment about my post, well, that's your opinion, your entitled to it and I respect that, thanks for pointing out that I missed something, I don't agree with the way you pointed out but it's ok, keep up the good work.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 8 of 26
Message 8 of 26

@uliwooly wrote:

@JohnD That's great that you want to help out, we encourage as many users as possible to engage in this forum, after all this forum is for US, users, to HELP each other, not to bash each other, insults, etc. only useful constructive comments, since you are eager to help others, it will be wise if you are familiar with the forum rules/guidelines

You can read them here

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Welcome/Discussion-guidelines/m-p/349678#U349678

As for your comment about my post, well, that's your opinion, your entitled to it and I respect that, thanks for pointing out that I missed something, I don't agree with the way you pointed out but it's ok, keep up the good work.

Hi uliwolly,

I am very familiar with the "guidelines", but thank your for pointing them our to others who might be perusing this thread.

For that, I respect your reply.

From my end of the telescope, as it were - us "newbies" (<- my word) and owners of Sony products are here simply to try to assist others. Now - walk a "mile in our shoes"? In this case - I posted exacly what you did - but in many more words.? For that - a little encourgement for the right answer would be a "good thing" to build the mantra of this community - rather the repeating the same thing again.

In this case and in this thread - I took a lot of time figuring out how to actually "assist another owner".

Anyway - thanks for your reply - I respect it and thank you.

John

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 26
Message 9 of 26

@JasmineTeo - There is a method that will give you a degree of control over that: Main Menu > Contacts > Tap on the contact you want to block > Edit that contact > Menu Button > Tick the "All calls to voicemail" box. Please be aware that whilst this will prevent calls they will still be able to message you.

sony_logo126x24.gif

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 10 of 26
Message 10 of 26

@Sam Thanks for the clarification Slightly smiling Face