account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How to Backup/Restore Contacts and Messages from Samsung Grand Dous to Xperia ZR

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

How to Backup/Restore Contacts and Messages from Samsung Grand Dous to Xperia ZR

My boss had asked me if i can make a back up of his contacts from his samsung phone to xperia zr. He wants that all of the messages must be as, is as well as his contacts.

Now how  to do that?

His phone isn't rooted.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to Backup/Restore Contacts and Messages from Samsung Grand Dous to Xperia ZR

I don't know about the messages, but contacts you can export by pressing the options button in the Contacts app. Then press export, and choose where you want to export to(SD). Then put the SD card into the other phone and do the same but then press Import from SD.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: How to Backup/Restore Contacts and Messages from Samsung Grand Dous to Xperia ZR

You can also first sync Contacts (and maybe also Calendar events) on the old phone with his Google account. Then afterwards sync again with the new phone. I am not sure about the messages. If you have McAffee Mobile Security on both phones, I think it can do it (via their server).

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Try any backup app from play store.  That'll work.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

You can also use the "Contacts Setup" option in PC Companion to transfer the contacts between the two devices.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Okay, apart from the Messages He wants that all calls, miss calls and all messages should be there. Its one of the advantage of Apple Iphone, even though you change your phone still you can see your full details from the other phone he added.

Honestly I really dont know if this is possible..

Please Help.