account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How long have you used your Z1

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

How long have you used your Z1

Hello,

Just had a thought of asking - how long their Z1 has lasted, assuming you are still using one. OR you may be an ex-Z1 user :-)

mine is 1.5 yrs now and gives a feeling battery now goes much quicker. lasts the day but used to be longer.

8 REPLIES 8
Adept
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: How long have you used your Z1

Mines 9 months old, time flies soooo fast

Emperor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

@Harry_z1

mine its over 2 years old and its quite fast, as for the battery it doesn't hold up charge as it use to but that's normal/expected. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I bought my Z1 in December 2013
Talent
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

been using z1 for 2 years. Changed a new battery and i works like a brand new ph

Spoiler
U need a new battery when ur battery starts draining or sudden drops/sudden shutdown around 50% or more. Slightly smiling Face Nice phone btw
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

i think mine will last 2 yrs too..or more really

@Criteria  - can you actually get battery replaced ? via Sony or non-Sony

I dont think mine needs to be, just curious. 

I was never too much bothered changing to new models because its endless..I may just put some new skin with texture so make it less slippery to hold + and look different as well.

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@Harry_z1

you can do it through Sony or you can DIY

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Sony_Xperia_Z1

its quite simple as long as you have the right tools, check the steps, and make sure to have a double sided adhesive to replace it. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Hi 2 years and works as well as new hardware side.
Screen being always protected and used in a case with front flap means when naked still looks like new.
A pity it wil not be updated to Marshmallow, only reason I might update my daily driver and it will not be another Sony, now that the Z series is being discontinuted. 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

2years bro..still good for use and the battery so amazing!! But i have problem w/ the screen..