account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How do i start my Xperia Z3 when start button / power button does not respond?

Highlighted
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

How do i start my Xperia Z3 when start button / power button does not respond?

Hello!

The start button on my Sony Xperia Z3 D6603 suddenly stopped working.

Also the volyme controls next to it.

I have shut down the phone with the reset-button behind the hatch, next to the SIM-card-slot, in hope that it would do some change to restart the phone. But now i can´t get the phone back on.

HELP!!!    ------------> How do i start my Xperia Z3 when start button / power button does not respond?  <-----------------

Is there a way to jumpstart it?

I have 100% power in the battery, and the battery icon shows when i have the power cable connected.

I have tried to connect it to my PC with the USB-cable (with 4 treads in it, for data communication, and not only for charging), but PC Companion don't find my phone. ;(

Is there som other way to start the phone???

/Best regards, Mathias.

1 REPLY 1
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do i start my Xperia Z3 when start button / power button does not respond?

Sorry there is no way that I know of to start a phone without the power button so I'm sorry to hear this but you would need to either return your device to the place of purchase or contact Xperia care and have your device inspected http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman