account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

How do I remove Facebook from Xperia Play

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

How do I remove Facebook from Xperia Play

Folks,

I am quite happy with my Xperia Play, but it received an update last week and now I notice that Facebook-related applications have now taken up between 40 and 50mb of memory. I do not use facebook at all and wish to remove all traces of it from my phone, but I am not able to uninstall it from the various Android application menus or even by using Elixir.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers,

CTC

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I remove Facebook from Xperia Play

Hi, to disable it, Goto Settings>Sony Ericsson>Facebook inside Xperia, untick Facebook integration.

Master
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

if you want to unisnatll the update Winking Face

go to settings > applications > manage applications > all

find facebook..then sekect uninstall updates..then it will be back to the previous version and hopefully will not take this much of ram..

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Folks,

Thanks for the responses but the 'facebook inside Xperia' is unset and the other facebook 'apps' have not uninstall option.

Some more details - the latest update last week seems to be Android 2.3.4 and the facebook bits that I can't seem to remove are as follows (by using Elixir) -

Facebook - this seems to restart regularly even if I kill it using Advanced Task Killer

Facebook Calendarsync

Facebook Extension

Facebook setup

FB friends games

FB friends music

SEMC Facebook proxy

The main reason that I want to remove it, apart from not wanting facebook on my phone, is that the available memory seems to have reduced to about 150Mb from around 210 before the update, although nothing is actually broken, yet.,

Again, any guidance is very welcome.

Cheers,

CTC