account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

How do I re-update my walkman app?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

How do I re-update my walkman app?

In the app setting screen there is an option of deleting the walkman app's update.

After deleting that update, I am now stuck with the older version of the app. Is there a way for me to re-update to the 

newest version? Repairing my phone through the companion software on pc does not seem to help.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do I re-update my walkman app?

My walkman app currently is version 8.4.A.4.4

Also, my album app's version is 6.3.A.0.10

I am pretty sure these are outdated, and I can no longer find the  

new apps update in the xperia update center like I could before I uninstalled the updates.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

restart your phone > settings > about phone > software update 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I did that, but still nothing. Note I have already installed the newest walkman update previously but uninstalled it. Its my attempt at re-updating to the newest version that doesn't work. I read somewhere that the updates are rolled out gradually. So does that mean I only get one chance at updating and I have used up my one chance?

Anyway, this sweeping mechanics of updating is really awkward, why can't Sony just put the update files on server and enable us to update them anytime we want instead of doing a single sweep across all device once every update. 

P.S.

I have tried clearing data for the update center app after and before restarting my phone. Makes no difference.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

How do I re-update my album app?

In the app setting screen there is an option of deleting the album app's update.

After deleting that update, I am now stuck with the older version of the app. Is there a way for me to re-update to the 

newest version? Repairing my phone through the companion software on pc does not seem to help.

Also, my album app's version is 6.3.A.0.10 I am pretty sure this is outdated, and I can no longer find the new apps update in the xperia update center like I could before I uninstalled the updates.

I read somewhere that the updates are rolled out gradually. So does that mean I only get one chance at updating and I have used up my one chance? The sweeping mechanics of updating is really awkward, why can't Sony just put the update files on server and enable us to update them anytime we want instead of doing a single sweep across all device once every update. 

P.S.

I have tried clearing data for the update center app after and before restarting my phone. Makes no difference.

Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: How do I re-update my album app?

@91067 Contact your local Xperia Care regarding both apps

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Did anyone try uliwooly's suggestion? I have exactly the same problem.

Thx
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

OK now I tried myself and contacted local (German) support.

Described the problem (deinstalled update of Walkman, also outdated versions of Album and Movies, for all of them Update Center not showing the latest versions).

First instruction to solve was to stop the Update Center app and remove data and cache then reboot the phone. I did that already twice but for the sake of doing it I did it again and of course it did not help Face with rolling Eyes. Which I told the guy from support.

He then told me he was sorry but I had to download the apk files from the internet and install them myself. I asked if I should share this recommendation as support solution and he agreed to that. So here you are (strange they don't even offer to send or download the apk files...)

Finally I asked if I would be receiving incremental update notifications via Update Center which he confirmed. I will come back on that once we know there are newer versions we don't get notified about...

Cheers