account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Home WiFi and mobile network dropping out from Sony E4

Regular
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Home WiFi and mobile network dropping out from Sony E4

OK, I was really please with my new phone, takes great pictures but now thats about all it seems to do!! While at home, it says I'm offline despite it saying I am connected to my home network. It also won't connect to mobile network. I have to switch off and restart. I have it set to auto connect but when I ask it to connect, it just says 'connecting' then 'saved, secured with WPA' but it's not connected. I've tried forgetting the network then reconnecting and putting my password in but still no joy. I returned the first phone for repair and they sent it back saying they had found a fault, fixed it and should be no more problems, but there were, sent back again and they replaced it, now I have the same problem HELP!!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Home WiFi and mobile network dropping out from Sony E4

@24fan

Can you try to test the phone with another WiFi network and see if it behaves the same? It can be some kind of incompatibility between your phone and router.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Can try, but it doesn't explain why it IS Sometimes connected, then will all of a sudden drop out. Also, if it was a compatibility issue then surely the mobile network should kick in?
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@24fan

It should yes, but I was trying some troubleshooting before jumping to software repair using PC Companion. Software repair should fix it if it's a software glitch. But wanted to make sure it's not an external issue.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Regular
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

So, I've tested it with another WiF source, gone out, come back in and the phone has automatically connected to this other source!! Why does it have this issue?? I'm not technically minded so would appreciate any help you could give. Have emailed Sony themselves but they say it's not a common problem and it must be a glitch with the phone (this was when I had my first phone) but the fact it's still doing it with this replacement phone is getting beyond a joke! Please help...
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@24fan

I think your other router needs to be reset and reconfigured, contact your internet provider to help you doing this.

Regular
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

OK, but any idea why the phone won't connect to mobile network when this happens? Also, why does the phone still show connected to my home network when it's clearly not?
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

i have the same problem.

it happens with all wifi: home, college, work, girlfriend and friend.

to solve i turn on the air plane mode and turn off

Regular
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Sorry, do you mean you turn the airplane mode on, then back off? Or turn it on, turn the phone off, then turn the phone back on?