account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Holding headphones button pressed error

Sony Xperia Support
Message 21 of 27
Message 21 of 27

Re: Holding headphones button pressed error

I'm sorry to hear that this is not something that we can fix from our end Slightly frowning Face

As Cyberon starts when you use bluetooth in your car i suspect that it would also work when using a bluetooth headset. That could perhaps be a workaround instead of using a wired headset?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 22 of 27
Message 22 of 27

Thank you Rickard.

In the Google thread you posted, the most of the early posts are related to the use of bluetooth headset.

I will wait Lollipop update to see if it gets fixed.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 27
Message 23 of 27

Yes, but when you use bluetooth in your car it's not Google Search that starts, it's Cyberon that starts (which seems to work fine). If Cyberon starts instead of Google Search when you use bluetooth in your car i suspect it will also be Cyberon that starts when you use a bluetooth headset which makes me believe that it may be a workaround that will work for you. I can't say for sure though as it's not our app.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 24 of 27
Message 24 of 27

That's a good point.

I've no bluetooth headset to try and it is expensive to buy one without knowing if it is going to work or not. Altough I'm going to try to use the headphones button  while connected to the car bluetoot. I will report the results.

Thank you very much Rickard.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 25 of 27
Message 25 of 27

google search is reserved for all wired headset "midle for 3 buttons or for single button headset" by pressing and holding It it will automatically start google search... no problem here for when used in music or call... Or try to download degauss apps you can change the headset button but not the google search command...
Inhabitant
Message 26 of 27
Message 26 of 27

I've tried the headset button while the Z3 was connected to the car bluetooth, and the behavior is the same. With the screen locked when I hold the headset button pressed the black screen window apppears.

I've tried pressing the car's button watching the Z3 screen, every other time the  Z3 was in its belt pouch, and for my surprise the screen wakes up, unlock the device and then is when Cyberon appears.

I think that this behavior is the only way that someone has implemented  to make it works but it is nonsense for me. If I am with a hands free set and the screen locked and off and press a button to make a voice command I will never want the device to awake and unlock. If I have a GPS on, I already have the screen on.

Inhabitant
Message 27 of 27
Message 27 of 27

Hi Wilfred.

As you can read in previous posts, it does not work with Google Search without Cyberon installed, either in safe mode, or even after a factory reset (no Cyberon at all), It is not Cyberon fault it is a Google Search bug.

And if you try it with the screen unlocked it works with Google Search and with Cyberon.