account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Holding headphones button pressed error

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 27
Message 11 of 27

Re: Holding headphones button pressed error

Ya... I am also waiting for an lollipop update to get my album app fixed... But honestly yours is worse Slightly frowning Face Sony should really fix their Software side. Well and did you try it with some other headset??? Bluetooth??? Hmm in case something twists silly Winking Face
Inhabitant
Message 12 of 27
Message 12 of 27

I've tried with my old samsung headphones, but they do not work at all with Z3.

The thing is that it works ok with the car bluetooth, no problem since the first day.

Can you tell me what happens when you hold the headphones button and the screen is locked?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 27
Message 13 of 27

Screenshot_2015-01-23-20-48-52.png

This is the screen that I get every time I hold the headphones button and the screen is locked. I'm with latest version 23.0.1.A.5.77. It happens in normal and secure mode. If the screen is unlocked everything goes as spected.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 27
Message 14 of 27

Sorry to hear that you have issues with Google Search.

I checked here and your local Sony Xperia support have forwarded this internally for further investigation and it's currently being looked into.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 27
Message 15 of 27

Spoiler

Thank you Rickard.

I've posted that I've contacted Sony support in 31/12/2015 but the only answer was they are on it. They problem is not with Google Search. I've choose Cyberon Voice Commander as the App to be executed instead of Google Search and when the Screen is locked I get the Screen I've posterd. Unlocked it works perfect. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 27
Message 16 of 27

It was forwarded internally for further investigation on the 7th and investigation may take some time. They will contact you as soon as they have more information. But i see there's also a discussion about this on Googles forum and the issue is not specific for our products: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=35737.

Your screenshot shows Google Search so the issue is with this app. Cyberon Voice Commander is also not available when the phone is in safe mode.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 17 of 27
Message 17 of 27

Thanks again Rickard.

I thank you a lot for your answer.

The Screen I've attached is in safe mode after a factory reset.

Now I've Cyberon Commander installed for bluetooth use in the car, and using the hands free on it, works perfect even with the screen locked. It is all the opposite to the first posts in the thread you referred to me.

I only get the problem with the headphones button and the screen locked, with Cyberon installed or not. I also have tried another app to control the headset button behavior, with the same results. I use the MH750 headphones that came with the Z3.

One of the things that made me choose the Z3 instead of Samsung S5, was the FM Radio. I use it a lot while walking on the street and this behavior does not allow me to use my phone as I was used with my old device.

Thanks again for your answer.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 27
Message 18 of 27

As i understand the issue here:

- When you use bluetooth, Cyberon is launched instead of Google Search. Cyberon works fine when display is off/locked.

- When you use a wired headset, Google Search is launched and not Cyberon. Google Search gets stuck at "Initializing" if the display is off/locked. This seems to be an issue with Google Search as it's reported on many different brands on Googles forum but we are investigating it to see if it's something that we can fix.

- You want Cyberon to be launched instead of Google Search when using a wired headset? I'm afraid i don't know of any way to do that. You could perhaps try to disable Google Search from Settings -> Apps -> All -> Google Search -> Disable and see if that makes Cyberon start instead

Inhabitant
Message 19 of 27
Message 19 of 27

You are right Rickard.

I've disabled google search and no answer from the device when screen is locked, no Cyberon, no blank screen. Nothing happens. 

When screen is unlocked, Cyberon is launched after holding the headset button prEssed and works perfect.

Enabling google search and with locked screen, again appears the blank screen when holding headset button.

The way to choose Cyberon to be launched instead of google search is, when doing it for the first time, it appears a message to choose between google search or Cyberon. I thought that this would be always, even in screen locked mode as it works with the car with bluetooth.

Thanks.

Inhabitant
Message 20 of 27
Message 20 of 27

Hi.

Sony Xperia Support has answered me.

They tell me that they have seen the same bug in other products and after contact with Google the only thing they can tell me is that it will be solve in future updates.

So if the thread that Rickard put here has posts with this bug since 2012 I think that the waiting will be long.

Thank you very much for all.