account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Help my alarm does not work 😒

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Help my alarm does not work 😒

Hey all I have a Z5 and for some reason my alarm does not make a sound? On several occasions this has caused me to get late for work! Initially I just thought I was sleeping through but have tested it and for some reason it continues to be silent?!

I have checked the settings and put the alarm volume on loud and set the time according to the step by step and still no luck... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated 😁
4 REPLIES 4
Rookie
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Help my alarm does not work 😒

Think I just solved my own problem wahoo
Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

How did you solved it? Did you tried a different notification sound?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

As my phone was on silent it automatically disabled the sound of the alarm.

I then pressed the volume key down until the volume box popped up. At the bottom it said "allow exception" I then selected "allow alarm" (turned the bar green) finally woke up on time this morning 😁
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Glad to hear that you solved it! Slightly smiling Face You can find more information about exceptions in the user guide:
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5/userguide/Sound-ringtone-and-volume/

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.