account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone volume very low :-(

Message 21 of 41
Message 21 of 41

Re: Headphone volume very low :-(

Hi Johan,

Thanks for that. If you are taking this up then I would suggest that in next firmware u update the quality of sound just like Sony Walkman Series W700i, it was loud and best part was "Mega Bass" which simply turns earphone into powerful woofer. I don't know how many of them used that phone and heard the sound of it. But before Sony Xperia Z I was using W700i till now and its sound quality and bass quality has not match.

So if possible update your next firmware with qualtiy of W700i,

Thanks.

Highlighted
Veteran
Message 22 of 41
Message 22 of 41

Headphones very low volume is a known issue, more sadly, these headphones are advertised as very high quality :/

One time poster
Message 23 of 41
Message 23 of 41

whatever you do........ don't let Sony's repair centre SBE in Kent get anywhere near your phone.  I sent them a phone with an audio (low vol) problem and it never worked ever again.  They blame water ingress which was news to me.  IMO, they are a bunch of rogues.

One time poster
Message 24 of 41
Message 24 of 41

I am having real trouble accepting the headphone volume on this phone.  Sony makes a big point of marketing the "Walkman" name and telling the consumers it's a great audio device, and I feel absolutely cheated; The headphone quality is GARBAGE on this thing, I had always regarded Sony a cut above Samsung and HTC, but this time it really isn't.  The rivals offer AMOLED screens and audio that we can actually hear for the same price, I can't grumble about the external speaker being poor because the phone's waterproof but to make us suffer whisper quiet earphone volume on top of that is just unacceptable.  I'm the first retailer in my area to stock this phone and unfortunately I'm now having to tell people not to buy it because it's useless as an MP3 player.  Thank you Sony I've now lost faith in my most respected brand.

One time poster
Message 25 of 41
Message 25 of 41

GRRRR!

I just want to output to speakers...and this is pathetic!

SONY get your Sh$$ together and update this device.

One time poster
Message 26 of 41
Message 26 of 41

Guess what,using an apple earphone on xperia z can produce more satisfying volume.so disappointed on the so-called walkman quality earphone that manufactured by Sony =(
One time poster
Message 27 of 41
Message 27 of 41

I am also very disappointed with the audio output of my XperiaZ.  I could make better headphones out of a paper cone, magnet and a coil of wire!  I have to say that if Sony would address this issue then maybe, just maybe they would attract more iPhone users to make the jump.  Clearly the Android platform and the Sony handsets are a winner but they are sadly let down by poor audio.  As it stands I have to use an iPod for my music as my Xperia really is useless!

Surely Sony can see that Apple have nailed the mobile audio market by giving the public exactly what they want!  Come on Sony - wake up and smell the coffee!

One time poster
Message 28 of 41
Message 28 of 41

Are we any closer to finding a fix for this?

Whenever I try to hook up to my aux input in the car it's just awful.

The sound isn't just quiet, it's really tinney and lacking depth.

When bass does come through it's really muffled.

At home, I'm using a Tibo Audio TI-400 amp to drive 400 watt floor standing speakers, with decent guage speaker wire and belkin gold plated aux to RCA lead, and it's still really poor.

I've tried with, and without Clear Audio™ and messing with eq setting in the walkman app, but the sound is just not right. I'm used to Sony making high quality audio equipment (My MDR-1Rs are great) but the Z is a big let down in the sound department.

Rookie
Message 29 of 41
Message 29 of 41

Hi ppl

I have the same issue here in Brazil.

Just got myself a Xperia ZL (ZQ in my country) and the sound volume is too low.

I also have a sony MDR ZX 100 headphone, but the sound is terrible anyway.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? 

Thanks

Lucas

One time poster
Message 30 of 41
Message 30 of 41

I resolved this problem by downloading headphones volume booster HD Carolol from Google play store