account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone settings not working

Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Headphone settings not working

So far I've been enjoying lollipop, even with the exceptions ( being no real silent mode) and what I'm about to mention now. I've noticed even when I'm playing in Walkman, I can't select headphone settings where it has studio sound, concert sound, etc. I can scroll through and hear the difference but I can't permanently select it; whenever I exit it, it goes back to none. Any fixes? Thanks in advance.

PS. Repair software is not an option.
8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Headphone settings not working

Why is it that repairing the phone with PCC its not an option

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Btw there is silent mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Because I don't want to wipe my phone. And no there isn't. Priority mode set to silent indefinitely always go back to vibration after a few hours.
Emperor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

on the home screen press the volume key > tap on the bell icon

@Busyman 

Adviser
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Vibrate doesn't count as silent. Silent should be truly silent.
Commissioner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Maybe You've selected silent for period time? 
Silent till user decide is the first dot after selecting "silent" it works for me the phone doesn't vibrate till I volume it up.

>> Xperia XZ1 user, help-ful with knowledge he has;>>
Highlighted
Adept
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Noise Cancelling rush

latest Lollipop updates get some rush,murmur when playing youtube or just movies with active noise cancelling. Sony, please activate all sound functions again, its only active for music apps by now.

Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: Noise Cancelling rush

@dkionline

That's up to the app developers to add that, not Sony