account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Headphone left ear bud very low volume (Z5 Premium)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Headphone left ear bud very low volume (Z5 Premium)

I have a new Xperia Z5 Premium, and the ear plugs/headphones that came with teh device appear to be faulty.

The issue is that the left ear bud has extremely low volume oputput (even at full volume), whereas, the right ear bud is fine. You actually need to take the right ear bud out to even recognise any volume coming from the left ear bud.

When I plug in my old headphones - the ones that came with my Xperia Z1 - the left and right ear buds both have good volume.

Anyone else experience this issue/know if it's anything other than a hardware issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Headphone left ear bud very low volume (Z5 Premium)

Hi @CalB,

Welcome to the community.

If the issue is only happening with one pair of headphones, the issue will be with them, likely hardware related. I recommend you contact your local support team. You can use the link in my signature to find their information.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I'm currently testing other earphonea but it seems to be the same issue with all were highs and bass is more noticeable on the left channel. Have had my ears tested and they are fine
Adviser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Z5 Premium - Earphone one channel louder than other

Hi, 

I have a Z5 Premium and have noticed that the left channel is louder and clearer than the right, I have tried a few earphones and it seems to be the same case on different music tracks and applications used to test the channel loudness.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Re: Z5 Premium - Earphone one channel louder than other

Which headphones are you testing? how many pins do they have? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? could you test it in >>> safe mode and with the preloaded music app?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

I'm testing headphones with two black lines. I'll try safe mode soon
Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

keep us updated

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi, I have tested in safe mode and have found that both earphone channels are the same on one particular song. I tested the channel on the Pre-installed music application and in safe mode were I did not notice no difference in sound, tone or treble. I am still worried as some songs I play I can hear an echo in the left channel when the note has played and sometimes certain instruments are louder and clearer than the right channel. I'll not bother booking the device in for repair but will keep an eye on it.
One time poster
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I have the same problem but in the phone because i proved with some headphones and it happens to all them.
It must be a phone problem.
Adviser
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I'm have the same problem again, it's not the headphones it's the phone itself. I experienced similar problems with my Z3 Plus device aswell.