account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Has anyone been charged for Z4 Tablet preorder?

Adviser
Message 31 of 108
Message 31 of 108

Re: Has anyone been charged for Z4 Tablet preorder?

I phoned up this morning about my preorder (wifi version) and was told it was delayed until the 17th, which is unfortunate since I'm on holiday from the 17th for two weeks.

Likewise I've had no official notification since the email about the initial delay to the 5th. Pretty shoddy service from Sony TBH.

Regular
Message 32 of 108
Message 32 of 108

Well annoyingly if that is the case, then i am away as well. This is why Sony are having problems. At work it is always drummed into us, keep to the timelines, don't be over optimistic with initial timings. All you will do is annoy the client with constant delays. If there is an issue, communicate it clearly and early.

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 108
Message 33 of 108

@sarahnic

When you spoke to Sony, did they ask for your order number?

I'm just wondering if it's a blanket delay or if they have limited stock.

Also, when did you place your order?

Adviser
Message 34 of 108
Message 34 of 108

@MisterD I am getting somewhat contradictory info TBH.

I phoned first thing this morning but the e-store support wasn't actually open then, but the woman I spoke to told me that it was delayed until the 17th. Because I need to either change my delivery address or get the dispatch delayed because I will be away, I would have to phone back later when the e-store support was open.

When I phoned again about 10 mins ago to try and sort out changing the dispatch, they did take my order number but I was told they couldn't sort it out because their systems were down, but the e-store people weren't aware of a subsequent delay, so who knows what is going on. They are supposedly going to call or email me later on when their systems are back up, in which case I'll let you know if I find out anything further.

I preordered on April 9th.

Auk
Inhabitant
Message 35 of 108
Message 35 of 108

I also rang this morning and was told that pre-orders made in April were shipped last Friday and they should be starting to ship May's pre-orders later this week.

The delay until the 17th is only supposed to be for the LTE version, not the WiFi version. Also they said they've had a huge amount of pre-orders, that's why things are taking so long.

Regular
Message 36 of 108
Message 36 of 108

I just spoke to the Sony support, they said that they have stock and it is on a first come first served basis, so the earlier you ordered the sooner you will get it. I order on the 19th May so probably will have to wait for about 18 months Slightly smiling Face

They did say some are being dispatched this week. But he said not worth asking about my order as he has been told the same thing all day.

He also said it wasn't very good, and very unfair way of doing the dispatching. He said and pre order is a pre order and as such should be treated the same as any other pre order regardless of pre order date.

He also said, that basically every call he had taken that day was about Z4 Tablet pre orders.

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 108
Message 37 of 108

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed with the phone call back. I hope you're not holiding your breath as it probably won't be happening soon, if at all!

LTE version has now also been removed from the eshop page! It could just be that they're completely incompetant!

Adviser
Message 38 of 108
Message 38 of 108

Thanks to everyone who has been posting info, since Sony aren't telling us anything then at least we can try to help each other out.

So maybe there's hope mine has been shipped, although I haven't received a dispatch notification if that is the case.

The words up and brewery are starting to spring to mind!

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 108
Message 39 of 108

@Warrenb

I hope you apologised to the respresentative! My heart bleeds for him. Here's a way of cutting down of the number of enquiry phone calls, SEND OUT AN EMAIL OF CLARIFICATION to your customers. Maybe we're being unreasonable in trying to find out if we've p!$$ed our money up the wall!

Inhabitant
Message 40 of 108
Message 40 of 108

I've also just spoken to support, he did ask if I was LTE or WiFi, I said WiFi,
He checked with the e shop and although they couldn't check my order number said they were rolling them out/ dispatching them from the 6th June
Again I suppose its a wait and see