account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Hard reset Xperia M

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Hard reset Xperia M

hi, i have xperia M model C1904.

i was using thr phone plugged on my PC via usb cable, as soon as i launched sony desktop software my phone turned off completely.

ive tried a lot to switch it back on and even did hard reset by pressing power button together with volume up button nothing is happening.

can anyone suggest what should i do....

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hard reset Xperia M

Connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 1 or 2 hours 

Make sure that its a wall charger not a computer

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hard reset Xperia M

That's strange... I tried that, but it wouldn't work for me. My phone is perpetually stuck in "Type password to decrypt storage" mode, and I have no idea how to get to the homescreen! It won't even factory reset!