account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

HELP! Phone turns on and off!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

HELP! Phone turns on and off!

When i turn my phone on it goes to the blue waves start up screen, then the 'sony' logo screen, then the 'powered by android' screen, then just goes back to the blue waves screen. It's like it's on a loop, it just goes round and round these 3 screens! I have tried the little red reset button on the phone and this doesnt seem to be working.. Unfortunately i cannot connect to the PC companion as my phone doesnt stay on long enough to connect to my PC.

HELP!

1 REPLY 1
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: HELP! Phone turns on and off!

Hi,

Could you try to boot the phone without SIM- and/or SD-card to see if it powers on correctly? If not, a software repair via PC Companion would be recommended:

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it. Also note that your phone should be powered off while doing this repair, you can hold the ON/OFF + volume up(+) button for 5-10 seconds and you will force a shutdown.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.