account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Guys my phone is stolen....??How can I trace it back?

Highlighted
R0
One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Guys my phone is stolen....??How can I trace it back?

I lost my xperia T2 Ultra with IMEI 35186706-451918-1. Pls advice me on tracing the mobile. I have already given complaint with cyber crime

Rajeev

5 REPLIES 5
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Guys my phone is stolen....??How can I trace it back?

You can not track a phone via the IMEI number - That is simply put a unique serial number for that mainboard which helps identify it - You could try Android device manager found here or the MyXperia app here

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adviser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

It is very hard to get phone back but if you leave your "my xperia" turned on and your gps as well so you can search your phone location by going through myxperia.sonymobile.com

You'll get the last gps detail of your phone and even you can send an alarm to the device even it is switched off and you can send a massage to the display of your xperia with your number on it.

This service is in our xperia phone and trust me after apple it is in our xperia.

Try it if ya get any luck man..

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

How can I trace my mobile location through GPS?Since I have lost my Mobile and now I can get switch off response.
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Have u given police complaint.. Have u installed any third party app which sends sms to ur registered mobile number if anyone changes sim??.. Is ur.myxperia tracking is on??

If any above thing is done then.there is chance u get ur phone back else no

Apprentice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

A police complaint is the first thing you should do, as the phone can be used for illegal activities you need to be in the clear, this will also indicate that you have nothing to do with whatever illegal activities are done using the phone.

Make sure the FIR is registered. Just making a written complaint in the local police station is not enough, you probably have to prove its your phone in the first place, so you may need the original bill etc.

Also inform the network providers about the theft, they will disable the SIMs and then probably re-issue new SIMs to you. You need to do this even if you have a pre-paid plan.

After you have done all this you can try various options as suggested in the forum.

Where exactly did you lose the phone, was the area covered by CCTV cameras such as airports, malls, shops etc. It may be possible for the police to examine the video to get a identity of the culprit. There have been many cases where valuable items have been recovered by officials (not everyone is in-efficient)

I think in any case you need to do the legal work before all this. 

thanks

a