account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

GreenPower battery saving app and "my Xperia" service

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

GreenPower battery saving app and "my Xperia" service

I have recently migrated from an iPhone to Sony Z1 on EE, and I have been pretty happy with this transition.

The only thing I have noticed is that the Stamina mode was not performing as I was hoping, so I downloadd a third party battery saving app called GreenPower. This app has significantly increased the battery life of Z1 to the point where I'm only charging the phone every few days.

The nature of this GreenPower app is to automatically disable WIFI and Mobile Data while the screen is switched off, unless you specify a whitelist of apps to keep data enabled if the apps are active. Unfortunately, this mechanism stopped "my Xperia" service from being able to locate my phone.

What is the "exact" mechanism in which "my Xperia" service locates my phone? Is there a process on my phone that polls, or push from my Xperia service?

Any suggestions on the list of processes to add to my white list of apps in GreenPower? I have added "my Xperia" app to this list but this did not help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: GreenPower battery saving app and "my Xperia" service

MyXperia needs the data to be on or wifi, third party apps will create issues with other apps, there isn't a way around it, other than uninstall such apps. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)