account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Gps not working

Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Gps not working

In location service no data is shown only it asks force stop location service not turning on off also dignostic test for locatio failed
7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Gps not working

@abhaydmahajan

since you have multiple issues > repair the phone with PCC

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Location service not working no data is shown in app running and also no logo on screen for location

In location service app no data is shown it only says force stop but it shows data in Google app.location service app version 1 also no logo of location on screen when location is on what is it how to correct
Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Have you repaired the phone with PCC?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

and I have problems with gps since the last update (26.1.B.3.109), meaning that connects to several satellites and every 5 minutes disconnects.

before this update I had no problem with gps

Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@eugica

Try the above suggestion, if that doesn't work then get your device inspected by your Local support

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I repaired my phone with PCC and it seems to work better. Thank you uliwooly 

Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@eugica

Anytime