account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Google Play issue with Visa card

Veteran
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Google Play issue with Visa card

Hello,
I've got the following issue with Google P(l)ay app.
I use a Visa debit card which I registered to Google market and wanted to use.
Registration was fine, I've got the money on my account, the card is valid, but unfortunately I am not able to make ANY transaction through Google P(l)ay. 
During registration I was asked to give the CVV / CVC code of my card for verification. It is fine.

The problem is the Google service sends the CVC number to the bank only in purpose of initial authorization, but NOT EVERY TIME I WANT TO MAKE A TRANSACTION. It causes the impossible to make any transaction, because my bank demands CVC / CVV codes for EVERY Internet transaction...

I do not want to change my bank and account as I am very good with it (except Google problem) and I wonder if there is something I can do to fix it.

I know that it is no related directly to Xperia Z on its own, but maybe somebody from Sony can highlight, publicize the problem. It should be addressed...
It is a known issue and really annoyes me. Seems that Google do not want my money and forces me to use "different" methodes to install some of the software. Their loss, because I really would like to spend my money for some apps.

I already wrote to Google and they didn't give me the proper answer / solution, only some bot scripts like you already know:
- "we apologize..."
- "go to Xperia blog..."
etc.  

Please let me know if you experienced the similar issue.

I hope that someone from Sony can deliver this message to the proper people resulting with fixing the issue. .

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Master
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Google Play issue with Visa card

Haven't heard about this before actually. I will forward this internally.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Veteran
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thank you very much.

However, Google already know about the issue, I am not the only one facing this problem (please search the internet).

The problem is my Bank demands this CVV / CVC codes for EVERY single Internet transaction.
If I would like to buy 3 applications one after another, the service (in this case Google Play) should send the information about this code each time. But due to Google policy it is not happening... Googl Play send this codes to the bank only one time - when you are registering the card. After that, they do not Slightly frowning Face

I don't know what is the reason, but Google "do not keep CVV/ CVC codes" and therefore do not send it for each transaction. I contacted Google many times, but they didn't solve the problem, advised me only to change the bank what I do not want to do Slightly frowning Face

I also contacted local Visa company branch office and they confirmed that they can see the requests for payments, but due to the fact the bank is nor receiving these codes for it = it is rejected...

Thank you for forwarding this information internally.
As I already know that there is nothing I can do more over the thread, I really hope that Google will listen at least Sony company.

If not, it really seems they do not want my money... 

And after that for sure they will claim that there is a huge piracy on Android platform :/ 

If the service doesn't allow me to make transactions and buy the applications,  I will have to search for "other" way  to install it.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

as you know google does a small verfication transaction so if your placing etc 3$ for a app on your bank account for visa card then you gota add like 10$more so google play takes not sure exactly how much in $ but when i tried to buy a app on google play it rejected my order since i tried to buy a app for 7kr but then i added 15kr more and did buying again then order was a success and i noticed it took 7kr for app/game and 8kr sek more for card verification.

idk if this could be it but if not nvm.

Veteran
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Money is not a problem for sure. On my Visa card there is much more money than just 7 dollar, believe me Winking Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have the same issue.