account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Google Play Services not working after lollipop update

Rookie
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Google Play Services not working after lollipop update

Hi, I just recently updated my Xperia Z to lollipop and the first thing I encountered was that my google play services isn't working anymore. Therefore, I can't sign in on any of my google services in my phone, chrome, youtube, play store, etc.

I already tried clearing cahce and clearing the data from the app settings. and it still doesn't work. I'm on my rope's end here. I don't know if its sony or lollipop that's broken.

19 REPLIES 19
Emperor
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: Google Play Services not working after lollipop update

@cromne

Settings > apps > all > playstore > uninstall updates > restart the phone > try again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

I have the Xperia Z3.. Have the exact same problem.. Please help.. Uninstall updates>Resart the phone doesn't work
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> All -> GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES (Not play store) -> Clear cache and restart your phone.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

Tried that too.. Doesnt work.. I got a notification saying "Google play services wont work unless you update google play services" try to update via Google Chrome.. But there is no update available.. It says I updated 04 June 2015.. Same day I updated to Lollipop
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

Google Paly services will update in the background, and it may take up to a few hours to get updated. You can always download the latest version of Google Play Services by searching it on APKMirror site, you'll need to activate "Unknown Sources" option in Settings -> Security.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

Thank you.. I think I'll send it in for repair.. Might be the best option
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

If you say so, keep us updated.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

Quite impatient.. Going to download from APK.. Let you know what happens
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Didnt work.. I'll see to take it in for repair soon