account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Google Photo App Crash

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Google Photo App Crash

Hi Everyone,

I am using a Sony Xperia Z2. I often take videos and photos on my phone and view them through the Google photo app. For the last couple of days, it keeps crashing. It says - 'Unfortunately, Photos has stopped'. I have uninstalled and re-installed the photo app, cleared the data and cache data off. No success. 

I'd appreciate if anyone can give me some advice

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Google Photo App Crash

Hi @Cam1

This only happen with Google photo app? Have you installed any other app of this type in your device?

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi there,

Thanks for your response. 

Yes the crashes, only happen with Google Photo App. It's very frustrating.

I have another app called Album. This works well.

Thanks

Genius
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Cam1

I read that you´ve just clear the cache data of this app and re-installed it too. Also other app of this type works correctly in your device, so in this case, I´d report this issue to the app developer.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Cam1

Do you have any antivirus or taskillers?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)