account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Google Fit acting weirdly

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Google Fit acting weirdly

I've installed Google Fit on my new Xperia Z5 (used to have the Z2), but it's acting weirdly. It's detecting movement even when the phone is still on the table. I've turned activity detection, mobile networks and location off, too: it's still detecting movement. Is it the app that's screwed? (Maybe because it isn't optimised for Z5?) Or is something going on with the phone? 

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Google Fit acting weirdly

@mrmetacrisis

How accurate is the location? also sometimes the apps have to catch up to sync all the data. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

When actually walking or running somewhere, the location is accurate. It's just this evening that it has started logging me as 'active' when the phone is on the table charging and I'm not touching it. However, if I go to the Google Fit web page (http://fit.google.com/), it isn't showing the weird phantom activity. It's so bizarre. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@mrmetacrisis

Settings > location > how accurate is the GPS?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

It's currently on 'High accuracy'. 

Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@mrmetacrisis

Do you have STAMINA mode on? or any other battery saving app/settings? 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I have Stamina mode on. I always have Stamina mode on. 

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@mrmetacrisis

Well that explains a lot, it will disable WiFi and mobile data, which means even if you have location on high accuracy it is NOT, since it can't use neither WiFi nor mobile data 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I've always had it on those settings and it's never done this until today on either my Z2 or Z5. I've also just tried out the battery saving and device only settings and it's still counting phantom activities, so... 

It must be something in the app itself. I've just checked and it updated today, and today is when the problem started. When I log in online, the phantom counting isn't logged in my activity list. 

Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@mrmetacrisis

You might have to contact Google regarding this.