account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Ghost Touch - Sony want to charge me £280

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Ghost Touch - Sony want to charge me £280

From the general chatter on here about the Sony Z2, everyone seems to explain my problem as ghost touch where the phone is idle and then acts like someone is pressing the touch screen in a frantic fashion.

I sent my phone off to Sony as many users on here had explained doing the same. Just had a quote of £280 as it is beyong repair.

Just wondered anyone else's experience with Sony's repair service and if those with ghost touch actually for them to admit it is a problem of the phone and not because of superficial damage to the back of the phone as my back is cracked at a point.

Appreciate anyone's help or comments on this asap.
4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ghost Touch - Sony want to charge me £280

@mathew1983

Have you repaired the phone with PCC? 

Does the phone has a protective case, film and/or glass? 

Does it has glove mode enabled? 

Does it happen all the time? if it does then try this

boot on >>> safe mode and report back 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yes
No
No
And yes all the time and have tried safe mode and still happens

:-/
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@mathew1983

Then it could be a hardware issue, but you can ask them what exactly its the problem. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Repairs are handled at a local level and therefore, we at the support forum are unable to look closer into your case. If you now have received a quotation of the repair, I suggest that you contact your Local support for further information why you have reiceved this cost quote.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.